Windows 10: Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver?

Discus and support Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got an issue with my ASUS Windows 10 where I can't seem to be able to connect to any network. Upon further investigation, I found that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tkburis, Oct 28, 2019.

1. tkburis Win User

Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver?

I recently got an issue with my ASUS Windows 10 where I can't seem to be able to connect to any network. Upon further investigation, I found that my network adapter was "disconnected" (Code 45). Therefore, I tried uninstalling my QCA9377 driver, in hopes of it reinstalling when I restarted. However, it did not. I have downloaded the most up to date WLAN driver from the ASUS website. How do I install a driver from a zip file?

The same is also happening with my Bluetooth driver, but I have not uninstalled it yet.

:)

tkburis, Oct 28, 2019

2. no wifi driver in Network Adapter

We appreciate your response. You can try to reinstall your Wi-Fi driver by scanning for hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.

If the issue persists, kindly provide us a screenshot of what you are seeing in the
    Device Manager under Network Adapters.

Looking forward for an update.

Kristine Arp, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Network drivers missing

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to fix this issue.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Initially, I suggest you to check if the Network option is turned on under settings.

Settings > Systems >
    Notifications and actions
    > Select which icon appear on the task bar > toggle on
    Network.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause this problem.

Let us try to update the Network adapters and check if it helps.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, select the Start button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.
    If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a
    different PC and save it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Also, see: How to: Install
    and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver?

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine):
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    But to my nasty surprise, I was responded with:
    The hosted network couldn’t be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    Now I've looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here. The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager (when showing hidden drivers). This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter (Will list spec at end). Here are the following things I have tried:

1. Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there.
    2. Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh drivers
    3. Scanned for Hardware changed in DM
    4. Tried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - 09/2015
    5. Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - 23/08/2016
    6. Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver, downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated version
    7. Looked for older editions of the adapter, but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter, or weren't compatible with my machine.
    8. Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adapters
    9. Uninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled.
    What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package. Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it.
    I think that's pretty much everything. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Machine Model: Lenovo 100-15IBD
    WLAN Network Driver: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version 2023.37.0616.2016

SemiTechLife, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver?

1. Missing network adapter driver, doesn't reinstall after restart. How to install driver? - Similar Threads - Missing network adapter

2. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  3. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  4. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install a missing network adapter driver?: Recently I bought a pc that I’ve been waiting for. It had just arrived yesterday and so I got to work to set it up. When I got to the stage to connect my Ethernet cable to the pc and then my router it wouldn’t detect it. I tried to troubleshoot and it said “windows did not...
  6. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install a missing network adapter driver?: Recently I bought a pc that I’ve been waiting for. It had just arrived yesterday and so I got to work to set it up. When I got to the stage to connect my Ethernet cable to the pc and then my router it wouldn’t detect it. I tried to troubleshoot and it said “windows did not...
  7. How do I install a missing network adapter driver?

8. network adapter driver missing

network adapter driver missing: Hi, my friend recently hard reset their laptop so I reinstalled windows 10 for her, but in the process of resetting she deleted the drivers. D:< and this laptop doesn't have a Ethernet plug in its only wireless Any advice is helpful : thanks...
  9. Network Adapter Reinstall After Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Reinstall After Restart: Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this (own thread vs just a comment). Yesterday I did a network restart because I was just restarting everything on my laptop and I didn't think much of it because it said it would reinstall everything that it removed. However,...
  10. Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters: Problem: Short: No connection to internet. Expanded: Purchased a refurbished Surface Laptop running on Windows 10. Arrived and started up on the 16th. Installed SIMS, game files, and transferred some photos and videos. Running fine until the 18th, when it would not connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled driveguard and rebooted my machine and now i have no wifi

2. tired everything can reinstall network adapter

3. i uninstalled the intel 6 ax201 driver and reinstalled it and the netowrk adaptor is missing