Windows 10: Missing network computers in windows 10 home

Discus and support Missing network computers in windows 10 home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am trying to share a dot matrix printer between two computers, how ever on one desktop out of 6 i am unable to see any of the other computers on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vagabond663, May 29, 2019.

1. Missing network computers in windows 10 home

i am trying to share a dot matrix printer between two computers, how ever on one desktop out of 6 i am unable to see any of the other computers on the network folder. and all 6 computer are on the same network with network discovery and file/printer sharing enabled on the same network profile. i have tried various fixes but none have seemed to work

heres what i have tried.
    • network reset
    • set function discovery resource publication to automatic
    • set UPnP Device host to automatic
    • Set SSDP Discovery to Automatic
    • Set Peer Networking Grouping to Automatic
    • Set Peer Networking Identity Manager to automatic
    • and winsok reset
    after all this and still no results. any ideas?

:)

vagabond663, May 29, 2019
  2. MrWhoopee Win User
    MrWhoopee, May 29, 2019
  3. Frank C Win User
    Explorer missing a network device

Hi,
    Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE
    Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers.
    They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other is Vista Premium.
    The complete device list under network is Frankspc, Charlottespc, and Sue_ASUS and ExternalDrive.
    The missing device on the Explorer list on Frankspc is EXTERNALDRIVE. I can ping it at 192.168.1.3
    Any Ideas on how to get it back in the Explorer list?
    Thanks

HP Envy
    Windows 10

Frank C, May 29, 2019
  4. Skofab Win User

Missing network computers in windows 10 home

Computer not listed on 'network'

Hi Everyone
    I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
    I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

Skofab, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Missing network computers in windows 10 home

1. Missing network computers in windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Missing network computers

2. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  3. COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    COMPUTER SHARING ON HOME NETWORK WITH WINDOWS 10 PCs: I have 2 windows 10 PCs on my home network. Both appear on the network. However, my wife can access all the files on my computer while I only have access to her media files. I have spent hours on the phone and sharing the computer with Gearhead's Tech Service, our PC tech...
  4. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity: First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you. I have a desktop computer that runs on windows 10, latest updates installed. This particular desktop is relatively older but holds many of my hard drives for...
  5. computers missing in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computers missing in network: Hey everyone! My first post here - I usually just glean what I need from reading other's questions - this one has me stumped, and I'm hoping y'all can help. Our home network consists of 2 fresh-install win 10 1909 PC's 1 v 1909 that has been part of the network and is NOT a...
  6. Unable to Home Network New Windows 10 Computers

Unable to Home Network New Windows 10 Computers: My wife and I got new Windows 10 computers in the past couple of weeks because Windows 7 is basically shutting down. We are both on version 1903 (OS Build 18362.535). Whereas it was a piece of cake to network Win7 computers together through Homegroup, I'm struggling to...
  7. Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10

Computers no longer connect on home network Windows 10: My computers no longer connect I have a small home network with a desktop (primary) computer and a laptop computer. Both use MS Windows 10 with the most current updates. Prior to the last couple of updates my two computers recognized each other and connect via the...
  8. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  9. Network discovery - Windows computers missing

Network discovery - Windows computers missing: I know this question has been asked (and answered) many times but I'm still confused. I understand that some kind of discovery process that Windows used to local other Windows devices on a LAN depended on SMB 1 and that is disabled by default in Win10. And that is fine with...
  10. Missing home Network

Missing home Network: A laptop, infrequently used and a desktop suddenly had the network based on shared folders suddenly disappear after this recent update. I can ping the laptop via command prompt using the IP address from desktop- and vice versa I had some files that needed to go over to...