Windows 10: Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu

Discus and support Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Running Window 10 - Office 365 Have lost the ability to Create a New Folder from right click and also from left hand top shortcut and have just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tillpott, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Tillpott Win User

Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu

Hi

Running Window 10 - Office 365

Have lost the ability to Create a New Folder from right click and also from left hand top shortcut and have just noticed also the loss of New Document Icon in the menu.

Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.746

Appreciate assistance getting things back to normal please *Smile

TIA

:)

Tillpott, Jan 24, 2021

2. Context item for new folder is missing, also new folder in new edge doesn't work

I've noticed that i'm missing the ability to create new folder from the context menu, strangely there is still the option to create office documents, and compressed folders, but not a proper folder

also from within the latest dev version of edge when i download a file and go to select the folder i want to download to, and press the new folder button it doesn't do anything

I've seen a few suggestions saying about the registry key Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New but it contains what they're suggesting to add

i'm running insiders preview of 2004 19041.330

Andrew6071, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu

New folder option missing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the New Folder option is missing from the context menu on your PC. I appreciate your efforts in following certain troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if you face the same issue. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu

1. Missing New Document and New Folder from Rick Click Menu - Similar Threads - Missing Document Folder

2. Rick click on start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rick click on start menu.: When I right click on the start button, I get the list, but most of the options will not run. Setting opens a blank screen, file manage brings up a remote procedure call fail. Any suggestions on what going on? Task and Event Manager work, System does not, Search. Sign out and...
  3. Rick click on start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rick click on start menu.: When I right click on the start button, I get the list, but most of the options will not run. Setting opens a blank screen, file manage brings up a remote procedure call fail. Any suggestions on what going on? Task and Event Manager work, System does not, Search. Sign out and...
  4. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  5. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu: HelloThe problem is that when I right click on the desktop to show the new menu, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing. The other Office programs are there. But the most interesting thing is that when I right-click Office in the start menu, the missing programs show up as...
  6. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are missing from the right click new menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option: My context menu New -> New Folder option is missing along with a bunch of other standard options like Text Files. https://i.imgur.com/p74OMj0.png I googled and tried a bunch of solutions online and the only solution I got was to add New to...
  8. Troubleshooting missing new folder option in right-click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting missing new folder option in right-click menu: I don't have the option to add a new folder in the right click context or otherwise. I've done some troubleshooting and am beginning to think it is some sort of permission error. This is a recent clean install after hardware upgrades. To start ctrl+shift+n also does not...
  9. new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu

new folder and new text document option missing in right click menu: I cannot find the option to create a new folder as well as a new text document , I tried all those registry stuff but nothing works [ATTACH]...
  10. Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu

Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu: Hello Community, The option for creating new "Text Document" is no longer available in Windows context menu. What's wrong. Please help me. [ATTACH]...