Windows 10: Missing notifications about defender updates

Discus and support Missing notifications about defender updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10-pro 1803 My settings are to Notify about updates, using the tutorial Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 |... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 91fw, Oct 23, 2018.

1. 91fw Win User

Missing notifications about defender updates

Windows 10-pro 1803
    My settings are to Notify about updates,
    using the tutorial Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    I also have it set for defer feature jobs to Semi-Annual (business) and just days (4-5) for security patches.

Daily, like clockwork, I used to have the notification that Defender needs an update. Just for signatures.
    A pest, but I like it this way.
    For some reason the notification happens no more, since Oct.14, the day KB4462919 came in and I was notified about it. That's the last notification I've seen (other than the firewall is off).

So i have to go to Reliability and see if defender sigs updated. It did, silently (except no update yesterday).
    And today the WD platform changed. Also silently, behind my back.
    Any idea why no more notification?

So long as it's defender, it's not that important. But I dread the possibility of a silent feature update.

:)

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 23, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Missing notifications about defender updates

SPORTS APP - Not getting Notifications on Windows 10

Yes me too! Only with my FB app which was already installed when I upgraded to W10. wont load and was removed from my Notification List, I miss getting my messages via notifications, I did all the steps suggested but still nothing

CookieRamirez, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Missing notifications about defender updates

1. Missing notifications about defender updates - Similar Threads - Missing notifications defender

2. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  3. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  4. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: enabledTaskbar "choose what icons appear": Windows defender security...
  5. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: enabledTaskbar "choose what icons appear": Windows defender security...
  6. Windows Defender Notification is Missing

Windows Defender Notification is Missing: hi i recently hacked and i open regedit and delete all startup apps and "windows defender notificion" deleted from startup and i can't see icon of this app anymore how can i show this windows defender icon in task bar again?[Original Title: Windows Defender notificion]...
  7. Windows Defender notification about powershell.exe

Windows Defender notification about powershell.exe: I am getting a notification from Windows defender after every 30 min , after i turned on "Controlled folder access" and added C drive "Windows" folder in it . What to do? [ATTACH]...
  8. Missing notifications about defender updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notifications about defender updates: Windows 10-pro 1803 My settings are to Notify about updates, using the tutorial Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials I also have it set for defer feature jobs to Semi-Annual (business) and just days (4-5) for security...
  9. notification about updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    notification about updates: hi In windows 7 you've got a message when there are new update are installed. Where can i see it in windows 10 25751
  10. Notification about missing sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification about missing sound card: I have a busted chip on my motherboard for the sound card. I am aware that it can't be fixed without much cost, so I'm leaving it. It's a Windows 10 Asus desktop, about 2 years old. But I keep getting a message about a missing sound card. I have turned off all the Win 10...