Windows 10: Missing of custom paper size

Discus and support Missing of custom paper size in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr. peng, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Mr. peng Win User

Missing of custom paper size

Hi,I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I don't know what happens, it will frequent missing himself after "unknown" timing, somes is in after PC restart, somes is next second of works, this is quite annoying for me to keep create this paper size back after it missing himself.I've googled and found a lot of peoples encounter this issue too, since 2003 on windows 7 until now windows 10, but I've had not luck to google out the solution, it look like windows known bug that

:)

Mr. peng, Aug 15, 2022

2. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi,

We suggest that you try to set the paper size of the exact document first. You can create a custom page size before you proceed with
    Microsoft Print to PDF, it should auto-detect the paper size of the document.

To set the paper size in Microsoft Office:

• Click on the Page Layout/Page Design tab.
    • Click on Size, and then in the options available, click on
      More Paper Sizes...
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and scroll down to the last option which is
      Custom size
      . You will be able to customize your preferred paper size.
    • Once done, click on OK, and then proceed with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Missing of custom paper size

Hi,

I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I don't know what happens, it will frequent missing himself after "unknown" timing, somes is in after PC restart,
    somes is next second of works, this is quite annoying for me to keep create this paper size back after it missing himself.

I've googled and found a lot of peoples encounter this issue too, since 2003 on windows 7 until now windows 10, but I've had not luck to google out the solution, it look like windows known bug that without solution or fix yet, please correct me.

I hope can receive the solution by this post, thank you very much.

HuanHeng Kuang, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Missing of custom paper size

Hi Anthony, i'm using Epson LQ310, and found whatever custom paper size created, it will missing after certain unknown timing, mostly is after shutdown/restart.

I suspect is windows automatically delete those user defined papersize for house keeping, but not sure yet, just a guess.

Any clue?

HuanHeng Kuang, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Missing of custom paper size - Similar Threads - Missing custom paper

2. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  3. Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom paper size does not appear in printer selection: Custom sizes are not showing when I try to send a print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-paper-size-does-not-appear-in-printer/114c6123-9edb-4ef6-a875-038ee75f2e0d
  4. Missing of custom paper size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing of custom paper size: Hi,I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I don't know what happens, it will frequent missing himself after "unknown" timing, somes is in after PC restart, somes is next...
  5. Missing of custom paper size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing of custom paper size: Hi,I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I don't know what happens, it will frequent missing himself after "unknown" timing, somes is in after PC restart, somes is next...
  6. Missing of custom paper size

Missing of custom paper size: Hi, I need to print at custom paper size of 8.5inch x 5.5inch, and i have tried create this paper size via Print Server Properties many times, but I don't know what happens, it will frequent missing himself after "unknown" timing, somes is in after PC restart, somes is next...
  7. Custom Paper Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Paper Size: I am not able to print 24" x 36" to from my HP windows 10 laptop to my wide format printer. The printer has the capability and the correct paper size installed. I created a custom paper form to that size. But the custom size does not show up as an option when I go to print. I...
  8. Paper sizes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paper sizes: I'm running Windows 10; I have an HP Officejet 7610. I've been using an old version of Adobe Photoshop Essentials (on an old Dell laptop---incredibly slow). I just subscribed to Adobe Photoshop (as the software doesn't seem to be available on CD anymore) With my old...
  9. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  10. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...