Windows 10: Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

Discus and support Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to setup folders to sync between my PC and my OneDrive Account. It appears that I set this up by changing settings by using the OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CHRISTOPHERROMAN1, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

I am trying to setup folders to sync between my PC and my OneDrive Account. It appears that I set this up by changing settings by using the OneDrive icon in the notification area.

However, there is no OneDrive icon in the notification area and there is no option to 'turn on' the OneDrive icon. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive several times.

:)

CHRISTOPHERROMAN1, Feb 3, 2019

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 3, 2019
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

1. Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area - Similar Threads - Missing OneDrive icon

2. Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area: I have Windows 11, it's up to date, on my desktop computer. I have an internet connection through Comcast. I think it goes through a router with the cable tv, but I'm not sure. Network Connection Details says "IntelR Ethernet Connection 7I219-V"I've always had an icon for the...
  3. Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Icon Missing from Notification Area: I have Windows 11, it's up to date, on my desktop computer. I have an internet connection through Comcast. I think it goes through a router with the cable tv, but I'm not sure. Network Connection Details says "IntelR Ethernet Connection 7I219-V"I've always had an icon for the...
  4. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  5. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  6. Onedrive Icon missing lower right area

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Icon missing lower right area: I have a personal office 365 since comcast talked me into a .com account the icon disavaporated :) I had been using one drive without issue until office.com came along with the .com account. now the icon is gone I tried searching windows but it says it is no longer there I...
  7. Missing Icons inside Notification Area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Icons inside Notification Area: Hello I had the Arabic version of Windows 10 that came with a laptop so I installed the English version on it but I encountered a problem with my Notification Area (System Tray) some icon go missing inside the system tray and it always happens whenever I wake my laptop...
  8. notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10: Previous versions of Windows allowed us to configure which icons would always show in this area. Now Windows 10 it appears only allows us to control which programs can display notifications or not; not whether the icon - for Norton for example, can display. This is annoying...
  9. OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again: This is the second time this has happened. After the last CU update I reinstalled OneDrive which I had hoped had fixed it and so it was for about four days. The OneDrive icon is missing from my systray. The files on demand feature is missing. The files are now local. The...
  10. Some notification area icons go missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Some notification area icons go missing: Just recently I've noticed that some of the icons in the notification area disappear. The come back after a reboot but then disappear again at a later stage. I've run the Reset Notification Area batch file from Brink's tutorial but the problem keeps recurring. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive icon missing from notification area