Windows 10: Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

Discus and support Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer. Exists in OneDrive Online. - - - Updated - - - Problem solved. I reset OneDrive. 162370 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjk61011, Aug 11, 2020.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer.

Exists in OneDrive Online.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem solved.
    I reset OneDrive.

:)

fjk61011, Aug 11, 2020

2. Personal vault is missing from file explorer

Hello,

I recently switched to a new computer. I am using OneDrive on another drive rather than my C: drive. Since the switch I have successfully synced all information between OneDrive online and the drive itself. Everything seems to be working fine.

However, unlike my previous computer, my Personal Vault is not on the list of folders in the OneDrive file tree. As well, "Unlock Personal Vault" is not an option when right clicking the taskbar OneDrive icon.

In the past I could click "Unlock Personal Vault" and easily access my vault in the OneDrive file tree in file explorer. But now, it is simply not there. There is no option.

Thankfully my personal vault is still accessible via the Windows Store OneDrive app and iOS apps. I am using OneDrive premium as part of the Office 365 subscription.

Any ideas? Thank you.

monillusion, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Hey guys,

For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine,
    e.g. by going through the OneDrive icon in the System Tray I can unlock the Vault and access the contents of the Vault, and I can add/remove files from the Vault, etc. But the Personal Vault folder itself just doesn't show up in Window's File Explorer. (NOTE:
    There is a hidden folder shortcut under the OneDrive folder called "Personal Vault" but it's labeled as a system folder and it doesn't have the standard Personal Vault icon but rather the generic folder shortcut icon. (And it doesn't show a target folder when
    I check the shortcut's properties.) Double clicking the shortcut does take me to the Vault but oddly it *still* doesn't show up in the folder list in Windows File Explorer, even after it's unlocked and open.

Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this or have any idea how to fix it? FYI I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1909 (build 18363.815) with OneDrive Version 2020 (build 10.232.1124.0012). Thanks in advance for the help!

ReadyOrNot, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Sorry, I'm still confused. Here's the entirety of the section you mentioned from that article:

Unlocking Personal Vault on Windows 10

To unlock Personal Vault in File Explorer, use these steps:

1. Open OneDrive folder.

2. Double-click the Personal Vault icon.

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer 5d598099-60a7-4327-b2e7-de03354ab0ee?upload=true.jpg

3. Confirm your Microsoft account password.

4. Click the Sign in button.

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer 6530a1b6-b3a0-4e03-8477-b3210196a17c?upload=true.jpg

5. Continue with the on-screen directions.

6. Upload or download files to your vault.

Once you complete the steps, you can start accessing your files normally.

Alternatively, you can also unlock the secure area from the OneDrive menu available in the notification area of the taskbar.

So step two is where the problem is: How do I double-click the Personal Vault icon if it's not showing up in the OneDrive folder? Nothing in the rest of the article says anything about how to get it to show in File Explorer.

I really appreciate all your help. If you don't mind, I could use your continued assistance. Thanks!

ReadyOrNot, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

1. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Missing OneDrive Personal

2. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  3. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  4. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  7. OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault

OneDrive in File Explorer doesn't show files in Personal Vault: Recently, I was trying to open Personal Vault in File Explorer on Windows. However, none of my files show up in the personal vault anymore and it created another folder in OneDrive with my files in it. Now, whenever I lock the Personal Vault, it says "your Personal Vault...
  8. Personal vault is missing from file explorer

Personal vault is missing from file explorer: Hello, I recently switched to a new computer. I am using OneDrive on another drive rather than my C: drive. Since the switch I have successfully synced all information between OneDrive online and the drive itself. Everything seems to be working fine. However, unlike my...
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  10. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...