Windows 10: Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display

Discus and support Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 monitors and after an update I'm assuming the buttom part of the taskbar only on my primary display is cut off at the bottom. I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianHoblin, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display

I have 3 monitors and after an update I'm assuming the buttom part of the taskbar only on my primary display is cut off at the bottom. I'm not sure proper terminology so here are some pictures.

This is one of my non-primary monitors and it look as it should

Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display e5964f95-4744-4d3d-b352-70368afe121f?upload=true.jpg

This is my primary monitor with the issue

Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display 9c832257-69c7-493a-b331-5b16bc384dd1?upload=true.jpg

The example is for Chrome but it's the same for everything in my taskbar. I've tried unlocking and relocking the taskbar. I've looked in the taskbar settings but nothing has worked. Anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

BrianHoblin, Mar 3, 2021

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 3, 2021
  3. JohnHC Win User
    Taskbar and open windows moving to primary display after lock

2x monitor setup

Primary (1) on right via display (port 1) on graphics card, secondary (2) on left via HDMI (port 2) on grap[hics card

I put my task bar on (2). I open several app windows on (2).

When I lock my screen and come back, taskbar and all app windows are now on (1).

I have:

• changed the settings to swap them, the same occurs in reverse
    • updated all drivers
    • changed display ports (no effect)

System:

• Windows 10 Pro 1809
    • Nvidia GTX 2060 Super

JohnHC, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display

1. Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display - Similar Threads - Missing open app

2. Win 11 - Display all open apps in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Display all open apps in taskbar: How to display all open apps in taskbar?In previous version, we had second line in taskbar or arrows in right end to switch between the taskbar lines.Now, all I can see is vertical separator....
  3. Win 11 - Display all open apps in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Display all open apps in taskbar: How to display all open apps in taskbar?In previous version, we had second line in taskbar or arrows in right end to switch between the taskbar lines.Now, all I can see is vertical separator....
  4. Primary display is not recognizing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary display is not recognizing.: HI, I AM USING HP LAPTOP, I CONNECTED A SECONDARY MONITOR LG BY USING HDMI CABLE , FROM THERE THE SECONDARY MONITORS IS ACT AS AN PRIMARY DISPLAY THE LAPTOP DISPLAY IS NOT DISPLAYING AND ALSO THE WINDOWS NOT RECOGNIZING THE LAPTOP DISPLAY AS PRIMARY DISPALY, IN...
  5. Taskbar won't appear on the primary display when the secondary display has a fullscreen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't appear on the primary display when the secondary display has a fullscreen...: I'm looking for a solution to this. So I have two displays, one in front of me(main), and the second just to the left. On my main monitor, my taskbar is hidden on the left side of the screen. When I have a full-screen window on my secondary monitor, my taskbar on my first...
  6. Taskbar not displaying apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not displaying apps: I had recently purchased this laptop and am now experiencing issues with the taskbar. Whenever I enable the hide taskbar in desktop mode function, the apps do not display properly and any tabs I have open are not displayed. I have already tried using the following commands to...
  7. TV primary display

TV primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...
  8. battery level indicator in taskbar missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery level indicator in taskbar missing: I can not find anywhere to click to make the battery level indicator appear in the bottom task bar. has it been removed from Windows 10 along with all links to make sure it is displayed all the time ?...
  9. open apps on taskbar

open apps on taskbar: how do I show what apps are open on the taskbar when I change desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-on-taskbar/f366323e-094f-4316-908a-002d8ad790be
  10. Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar: Hello *Smile I've been searching around for solutions to this issue myself but have doing so to no avail so far. Hence I thought it would be a good idea to share my issue with other people who'd might be able to help me out *Biggrin As the title suggests, whenever I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The apps don't show up in my computer taskbar