Windows 10: Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport]

Discus and support Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 and the "Startup" option is missing under Settings -> Apps on the left hand side. Under "Video Playback"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bryjn, Mar 9, 2020.

1. /u/bryjn Win User

Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport]

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1909 and the "Startup" option is missing under Settings -> Apps on the left hand side. Under "Video Playback" there should be another option called "Startup" to easily turn on and off apps that start up. Other computers in my organization have this option available so I do not think it is a group policy preventing this from showing. Any ideas how this can be turned on? I do not make changes often and can always find the Startup folder under the user profile but it would be nice to have this option available in settings.

submitted by /u/bryjn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bryjn, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 9, 2020
  4. feelulive Win User

Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport]

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing Option for Startup in Apps Settings Windows 10 [x-post from /r/techsupport] - Similar Threads - Missing Option Startup

2. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  3. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  4. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  6. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  7. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Missing Option in Windows 10 Settings

Missing Option in Windows 10 Settings: Recently I learned of the setting Random Hardware Address, I tried to find it and went to the page where it should be, but it wasn't there, so I used the 'find a setting' and it brought me to the page where it should be, but it still wasn't there. Can anyone help me? I don't...
  9. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi): Hi. I've connected a very old Yamaha PSR 320 via a midi to usb cable to my PC. It is being recognized by various apps and they can record it too but the sound comes out of my Keyboard speakers instead of my PC speakers. Not just the recording, also when I play it. The weird...
  10. Options missing in Windows 10 Settings

Options missing in Windows 10 Settings: My laptop fell a few days ago. When I tried to turn it on it wouldn't boot and would go into PC repair mode (but the repair kept failing). I gave it for repairs to an IT person, who reinstalled Windows 10 (activated product). After that I am missing a lot of options from...