Windows 10: Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in

Discus and support Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I`ve been reading several threads on this topic and have tried the different solutions offered, but so far none has worked. I have Win 10 /64 Under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EPurcel, Apr 10, 2019.

1. EPurcel Win User

Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in

I`ve been reading several threads on this topic and have tried the different solutions offered, but so far none has worked.

I have Win 10 /64

Under Touchpad, there should be an option to turn off the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in, however this option is missing. I tried the suggestion to download the drivers for my computer, an HP laptop, which I did, specifically the most recent for the touchpad, mouse and usb devices, but the missing option did not appear.

That suggestion is in this thread: here

The suggestion to roll back an MS update from 2017 which is posted in an earlier thread is too outdated for me to try.

The only option I have at this point is to go into either the mouse or the touchpad settings every time I turn on the computer and deactivate the touchpad. This is not a very convenient workaround and I would like to know how to get his option which is supposed to be there.

Thanks.

:)

EPurcel, Apr 10, 2019

2. Disable Touchpad when Mouse Plugged In

Prior to the most recent Windows 10 update, there was an option on my computer in Settings -> Devices -> Touchpad to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in. It's gone and now the nuisance of the touchpad is haunting me. Is there a way to accomplish
    this...turn off touchpad when mouse plugged in?

KyleSchmidt, Apr 10, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 10, 2019
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in - Similar Threads - Missing option keep

2. Touchpad keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning on and off: Hi, my touch pad keeps turning on and off. I have a dell laptop. There is no drivers for the touch pad on my system. I have tried to uninstall the driver yet it wont work. But then it starts working again. Its like it turns off by itself after a certain period of time im not...
  3. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?: For a Dell Latitude 6430 ATG .. the latest windows 10 sept 2022 .. No way to turn off the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in using Control Panel. The option to do that is no longer there......
  4. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?: For a Dell Latitude 6430 ATG .. the latest windows 10 sept 2022 .. No way to turn off the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in using Control Panel. The option to do that is no longer there......
  5. How to turn off touchpad when mouse is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.: When I go to settings and go to devices, the disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone. My system info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad-when-mouse-is-connected-option-is/83e5d388-7667-4066-958f-65a7cfdb3d03
  7. If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...

If I turn off "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" the touchpad turns off as if...: I have also tried to uninstall the devices trough device manager but upon restart it stops working again. Any form of help is needed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-turn-off-leave-touchpad-on-when-a-mouse-is/36719dee-c57e-4bfe-8943-a15b054d873d
  8. Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning touchpad off when mouse is connected: Error: Since I play games on laptop it's annoying when I accidentally touch the touchpad accidentally when im using my mouse, so I decided to turn this option off, but when I turn it off, if i disconnect the mouse, the touchpad doesn't work. To some people this might seem as if the...
  9. turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse

turning off touchpad mouse when using external mouse: Since the last update yesterday, I can no longer find where or how to turn off the touchpad mouse. Previous to the update, I had the internal mouse turned off when an external device is present. Now I cannot turn the touchpad mouse off. I've tried FN-F7, I've looked under...
  10. Touchpad Options are missing

Touchpad Options are missing: Hello, I recently bought a USB touchpad named "Vogek USB Touchpad (wired)" for my Desktop PC. (It seems it belongs to Jelly Comb.) The OS, which I use, is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. After I connected the device with my PC, it was recognized immediately and I could use it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad off option not available