Windows 10: Missing options in power saving plans

Discus and support Missing options in power saving plans in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fischziege, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Missing options in power saving plans

Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I can't set min or max CPU perfomance for either battery or powered states, can't set screen brightness either. I used to be able to do that on my old laptop. Any ideas how to reactivate all the options in the advanced power plan settings?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/fischziege
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fischziege, Aug 20, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 20, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Missing options in power saving plans

Power Plans missing

FIX for -- Disk usage 100% & Missing High Performance plan - Fixed

After trying to get to the power settings through Control Panel, Cortana and random other routes to power settings. Would only list Balanced Power Option. Did some more googling found this on another website, it worked. Why this worked and the other routes
    didn't?? I have no idea, but this gave me the fix to the problem. Hope it helps out!

Open Run --- (Window Button + R)

Copy and paste this powercfg.cpl

When the window opens look to the left column.

Click "Create a power plan"

You'll now see
    three
    options instead of just the one.

-Balanced

-Power Saving

-High Performance

Click the bubble for
    High Performance

Click Next

Select
    My Custom Plan 1

FIXED!

Open Task Manager.. Disk is now 2% etc

Krispy_Bentley, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Missing options in power saving plans

1. Missing options in power saving plans - Similar Threads - Missing options power

2. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  3. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  4. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  5. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  6. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing power plans: Hey, I recently bought my first laptop for gaming, so I wanted to set it to high performances in the the control panel but every power plans are missing exept the normal plan I've tried some commands and it worked but when I change from power plans, they immediately...
  7. power plan missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power plan missing: Why I have Balanced power plan only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan-missing/4557134e-3aea-4068-9a1a-146e38eb4e8d
  8. Missing Power Plans & Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Power Plans & Options: I don't now what's going on, but lots of options are missing from default balance plan and the custom power plan I created. [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - I also ran this in cmd prompt: Code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61[/quote]...
  9. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...
  10. Power Options Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options Plan: Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high...