Windows 10: Missing or corrupt driver

Discus and support Missing or corrupt driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Drive Properties screen shows Code 39, driver corrupted or missing. Computer has been restarted several times but no fix. I am not confident or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandradeeCabrales, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Missing or corrupt driver

The Drive Properties screen shows Code 39, driver corrupted or missing. Computer has been restarted several times but no fix. I am not confident or experienced enough to install a driver or know what is best for my computer, Dell Inspiron 17 (purchased 2011). How hard is it to install a driver?

Below is what came up, even after restarting:

Hardware and Devices

Potential issues that were checked

Windows Update configured to never install drivers

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

Issue not present

Your PC must be restarted

Issue not present

Hardware changes might not have been detected

Issue not present

Issue not present

Issue not present

Issue not present

Detection details

Collection information

Computer Name:

DESKTOP-CJBNGSI

Windows Version:

Architecture:

x64

Time:

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:48:51 PM

Publisher details

Hardware and Devices

Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft Windows

Hardware and Devices

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft Corporation

Hardware and Devices Publisher details

Windows Update configured to never install driversWindows Update configured to never install drivers
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present
    Your PC must be restarted Your PC must be restarted Issue not present
    Hardware changes might not have been detectedHardware changes might not have been detected Issue not present

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present

Your PC must be restarted Issue not present

Hardware changes might not have been detected Issue not present

Detection details Expand

Collection information
    Computer Name: DESKTOP-CJBNGSI
    Windows Version: 10.0
    Architecture: x64
    Time: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:48:51 PM

Publisher details Expand

Hardware and Devices
    Package Version: 4.1
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows
    Hardware and Devices
    Package Version: 4.1
    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

:)

SandradeeCabrales, Nov 7, 2018

2. Hp Envy Driver missing

Hi Mohsin,

• Are you referring the missing driver as the High Definition Audio device
      with a yellow mark in the screenshot?

This issue could have happened due to corrupted driver files. Let's try reinstalling the driver and check if the driver can be recovered. Follow the below steps to re-install the driver.

• As you are already on the device manager, right-click on High Definition Audio device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to run the Hardware troubleshooter;

• Type troubleshooting in the search tool.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and
      Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware
      and Device Troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 7, 2018
  3. subby Win User
    Critical System driver is missing or corrupt. Automatic repair fails.

Results of chkdsk. Whats next step? Clean install of windows?

Missing or corrupt driver [​IMG]

subby, Nov 7, 2018
  4. subby Win User

Missing or corrupt driver

Critical System driver is missing or corrupt. Automatic repair fails.

I got as far as step 20)... Was no files in the regback folder. Also was already backup and backup1 folders in the config folder there. Are these worth restoring ?

I'll wait for a response, before i continue anymore.

subby, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Missing or corrupt driver

1. Missing or corrupt driver - Similar Threads - Missing corrupt driver

2. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt: What should i do? wof.sys showing 0 bytes, when i loggedin through different os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wofsys-critical-driver-missing-or-corrupt/0c289a53-08de-44db-89df-3d63c0c65635
  3. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt: What should i do? wof.sys showing 0 bytes, when i loggedin through different os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wofsys-critical-driver-missing-or-corrupt/0c289a53-08de-44db-89df-3d63c0c65635
  4. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Autorun.dll is missing or corrupt.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autorun.dll is missing or corrupt.: Dear Microsoft, My pc has to restart occasionally due to errors. Of course I don't really know what is causing these errors. One is a System Service Exception and another is Kmode exception not handled. My main goal is to re-install Windows 10. However, I cannot do so because...
  6. vmbus.sys is missing or corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    vmbus.sys is missing or corrupted: Does anyone know what could've caused this? The person helping me figure out how to fix this issue seems to know how to fix it, but has no clue what caused it. submitted by /u/blindrats [link] [comments]...
  7. BSOD missing/corrupted pci.sys driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD missing/corrupted pci.sys driver: So I restarted my computer and got this error message that my driver pci.sys was missing or contained an error. I do have a system image file (2 days old) on an external drive and a recovery disk on CD (from November.) I tried repairing, but it didn't work. System restore...
  8. BIOS missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS missing or corrupt: Have a HP Stream Laptop everytime I turn it on it says about needing updates that always fail. Says I need to free 8gb of disk space but I don't know why theres no space I don't use this because of this problem. Also tried running recovery and got a message that says my BIOS...
  9. Missing/Corrupted bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing/Corrupted bluetooth: I have missing/corrupted bluetooth drivers. I've tried reinstalling the drivers manually for my specific system. I've done the sfc /scannow command and the DISM one. Bluetooth isn't listed in my device manager anymore. I've tried going to services.msc, and starting the...
  10. Drivers Corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers Corrupted: Okay, that worked. So for future reference: Use the wizard to completely uninstall drivers. Forget about repair. Then you have to reboot, then re-install. You will have to reboot again and re-pair (reconnect) your devices. It's a pain, but it worked.