Windows 10: Missing or deleted file

Discus and support Missing or deleted file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was working with a spreadsheet in Microsoft works and when I went to close it, it said the disk was full and to save in another location. I just hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike(Mike), Nov 15, 2018.

1. Missing or deleted file

I was working with a spreadsheet in Microsoft works and when I went to close it, it said the disk was full and to save in another location. I just hit do not save and the whole file disappeared. How can I get that file back?

:)

Mike(Mike), Nov 15, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Nov 15, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

Missing or deleted file

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Missing or deleted file

1. Missing or deleted file - Similar Threads - Missing deleted file

2. Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from my laptop after deleting OneDrive: I received alerts that I am no longer receiving emails on my outlook as my OneDrive is full. So I turned off the back-up settings on OneDrive, and then I logged in to OneDrive and deleted the desktop folder and cleared the recycle bin. That resolved the issue and I started...
  3. I deleted SysWOW64 in the "Windows" directory Missing DLL files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted SysWOW64 in the "Windows" directory Missing DLL files: The story is too long to explain but I deleted the folder SysWOW64 folder in the C:/Windows/ and apparently it has a lot of important files that the system doesn't need but it is needed by softwares that I use on windows and I want to re-download the folder or repair the...
  4. I deleted SysWOW64 in the "Windows" directory Missing DLL files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted SysWOW64 in the "Windows" directory Missing DLL files: The story is too long to explain but I deleted the folder SysWOW64 folder in the C:/Windows/ and apparently it has a lot of important files that the system doesn't need but it is needed by softwares that I use on windows and I want to re-download the folder or repair the...
  5. I deleted SysWOW64 in the "Windows" directory Missing DLL files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN: I had a file on Desktop and now its missing. I am not sure if it was in the Recycle Bin cause i cleared it recently. Can i recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-file-missing-or-maybe-deleted-from-recycle/f07bd354-eec8-4f8f-a0c4-983be5f095d6
  7. Windows overwrote files with the same name, and now the old files are deleted/missing

Windows overwrote files with the same name, and now the old files are deleted/missing: I had a folder full of about 150 files. Maybe half of them shared the same naming format (for example "Finished"). I then selected all of the files, typed in "Finished", and hit enter, so all files would maintain the same naming format. The folder automatically refreshes,...
  8. Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files

Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files: Do both system restore and sfc /scannow restore system files if they are missing, corrupted, and or deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-missing-corrupted-and-or-deleted-system/25512266-0d5f-46cd-97c9-1f9ee09665b1"
  9. Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....: previous versions of windows. Can I ADD things like RENAME commands to the RIGHT CLICK? 88953
  10. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu: My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nsandi file missing or deleted on log in