Windows 10: Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10

Discus and support Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday when I got home from work, I noted that World of Warcraft was trying to update. It was taking a while, so I opened up explorer to be sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChasedSummer27, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10

Yesterday when I got home from work, I noted that World of Warcraft was trying to update. It was taking a while, so I opened up explorer to be sure that the partition that it was installed on (FMissing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10 :) had space. It had plenty. Loads of space, so I went to go make a quick dinner while the update happened.

When I returned, the Blizzard desktop app is requesting that I show it where the game is installed, or I could install the game anew.

I opened up Explorer, and the (FMissing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10 :) partition is gone. Completely. So is my second SSD drive.

I opened up Disk Management to see if, for some reason, I simply had to reassign a letter to the drives. According to Disk Management, I'm missing the partitions completely. My 1TB drive now has just under 238 GB of space on it spread out across three partitions). My second harddrive, 4TB with 2 partitions (half and half) also appears to have disappeared.

I have restarted the computer to see if that works. It did not.
    Neither has opening the computer, removing the cables and reinserting them to be sure that they are free of dust and firmly connected.

Any ideas or suggestions to get these partitions back? I have been thinking of doing a reformat of all drives lately (there's a keylogger somewhere, i'm sure, I can't find it, starting fresh might do), but now that I can't access the drives, I have no way to back up the files I want to keep.

:)

ChasedSummer27, Sep 12, 2019

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10 partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 12, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Boyfriend Win User

Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10

windows 7 (one partition dissapeared)

Sometime Windows don't allocate a letter to a partition. Go to disk management (diskmgmt.msc), and assign a letter to the partition. It will show up in the Explorer

Boyfriend, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10

1. Missing Partition, doesn't show up in Disk Management or Explorer, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Missing Partition doesn't

2. Disk partitions not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partitions not showing up: Hi I have problem. I was reinstalling windows and formating and DELETING disks and didnt made now partitions. I dont care about lost data I backed out everything. But now disks not showing up in File Explorer even in Disk Management. I cant see my 500gb disk m.2 2tb disk HDD...
  3. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  4. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  5. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management: Hi, I just noticed that a new partition "Local Disk E:" appeared in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I did not create it, so I opened Disk Management, but it does not show up there: [ATTACH] According to the properties of the partition, it is formatted as FAT32. Does anyone...
  7. Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.

Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.: Hi there, Today I have created a new partition on my disk so that I could store specific files on it in order to keep things clean. Somehow after creating it, immediately after formatting the new partition to NTFS the newly created one showed up in file explorer as it should...
  8. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  9. Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Management shows HDD but Explorer doesn't: I'm working with a HDD where I want to remove partitions. I can see the disk and partitions in Disk Management but not explorer. I want to see the folders/files before I start deleting partitions. This is a removeable disk in a disk bay. How can I see this disk in Windows...
  10. Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management: After installing Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) and after a second reboot, the 100MB "SYSTEM" partition shows up in Explorer as the f: drive. It cannot be hidden in Explorer - "Hide Selected Items" - prompts for administrator permission then Error 'the parameter is incorrect'....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk doesnt show up in disk management

2. missing partitions in explorer windows 10