Windows 10: missing partition

Discus and support missing partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have two partitions on my hard drive. The C:\ drive and a D:\ drive which is used primarily for data. After a recent Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L1308, Feb 28, 2019.

1. L1308 Win User

missing partition

Hello everyone

I have two partitions on my hard drive. The C:\ drive and a D:\ drive which is used primarily for data.

After a recent Windows 10 update, the D drive has disappeared. It now shows in Disk Management as Disk 1, partition 5., a healthy OEM drive. It shows that it has 805 mb capacity and 350 mb free. this means there is 400 mb appx. of data.....which I cannot access

What do I do?

thanks in advance for any help and or advice you can provide

l1308

:)

L1308, Feb 28, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 28, 2019
  3. alaedeen Win User
    missing partition

I have missing partition second partition my windows is 10 I tried to resize my partitions using some soft wares I didn't complete the action cancel and close but after I was surprising d:\ is missing . I try to recover by using everyway recovery soft
    wares and disk part prumpt and mange drives in system . restoring points tell me c is ok d is missing . in disk part prompt list partition is appear like recovery but volume list disappeared . attached with computer manage result. thanks for your help
    missing partition d7d42450-a3d1-4e0f-b5e8-c5a290be3f85.png

alaedeen, Feb 28, 2019
  4. missing partition

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

missing partition

1. missing partition - Similar Threads - missing partition

2. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  3. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  4. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.: When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I chose a dual boot option and placed the new OS on a new SSD. I was unaware at the time that both operating systems were sharing the same System Reserved Partition on the old HDD. About six months ago the HDD failed and I...
  6. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.: When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I chose a dual boot option and placed the new OS on a new SSD. I was unaware at the time that both operating systems were sharing the same System Reserved Partition on the old HDD. About six months ago the HDD failed and I...
  7. Missing System Reserved Partition after hard drive failure, cannot install Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. why partition 3 is missing in diskpart list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why partition 3 is missing in diskpart list: i want to enable winre but whe i run reagentc /enable it says reagent.exe not found so i try a tutorial but in the tutorial in diskpart list i don't have partition 3 type:RecoveryPartition### Type Size Offset----------- -------------------- ---------- ---------Partition1...
  9. why partition 3 is missing in diskpart list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why partition 3 is missing in diskpart list: i want to enable winre but whe i run reagentc /enable it says reagent.exe not found so i try a tutorial but in the tutorial in diskpart list i don't have partition 3 type:RecoveryPartition### Type Size Offset----------- -------------------- ---------- ---------Partition1...
  10. why partition 3 is missing in diskpart list