Windows 10: Missing Personal Files

Discus and support Missing Personal Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After running the Windows 10 update all my personal photos and documents are gone. Background is gone. Was using Thunderbird email program, it's gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dilvish558, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Missing Personal Files

After running the Windows 10 update all my personal photos and documents are gone.

Background is gone.

Was using Thunderbird email program, it's gone

The log on Avatar is the Same so I figure they have to be here somewhere.

What do I do to restore personal files?

:)

Dilvish558, Sep 20, 2019

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Missing Personal Files

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Missing Personal Files

1. Missing Personal Files - Similar Threads - Missing Personal Files

2. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"
  3. Loading Personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading Personal files: Following the last two rounds of Updates, Windows 10 loads up and I can sign in to my Microsoft account Ok but I get a message up saying my personal settings could not be accessed and I have been signed in with a temporary account. I am told to sign out and restart. I have...
  4. Missing files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing files.: Today, I logged onto my pc to find my mouse was longer than normal, and was a windows xp mouse. I've tried everything and can't find a solution. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-files/906508de-42b2-4a3b-8cf9-a39a1e8094b7
  5. Missing Settings in Personalization

Missing Settings in Personalization: I'm trying to scroll some photos as my screen background. However, I'm missing the settings to do this in the Personalization settings in Windows 10. How do I show them? I only see Fonts and Taskbar, why? [ATTACH]...
  6. Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize

Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize: I hope this hasn't been already asked. I'm trying to get my "Start Menu" to look similar to the below right image. I've read tutorials and I simply do not have or can not find the "Customize Start Menu" dialogue box. I am currently running the final release of Windows 10...
  7. Creating Personal Files in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Creating Personal Files in Outlook: I am using Wiindows 10 pro and have just done a new clean install. I am also using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and am wondering if I can create some personal folders so that I can save the emails that I want to keep. When I try to create an Outlook Data File the process...
  8. Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup: I can never catch a break with this feature of Windows, seriously... Example of the "Personal" folders/libraries I am talking about (NOT from my computer): [img] My computer (only "Shared" folders/libraries show up): [img] Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Personal files missing on bootable USB after entering Advanced Startup: I had a windows 10 bootable USB with extra personal files on it. I just tried to do an advanced start-up using the USB, but it failed. Now when I access the USB, only the windows 10 files show up and the personal files are not there. I have tried viewing the drive with hidden...
  10. Keep personal files only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep personal files only: Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who help. *Cool 30146