Windows 10: Missing Personal Files

Discus and support Missing Personal Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After running the Windows 10 update all my personal photos and documents are gone. Background is gone. Was using Thunderbird email program, it's gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dilvish558, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Missing Personal Files

After running the Windows 10 update all my personal photos and documents are gone.

Background is gone.

Was using Thunderbird email program, it's gone

The log on Avatar is the Same so I figure they have to be here somewhere.

What do I do to restore personal files?

:)

Dilvish558, Sep 20, 2019

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Missing Personal Files

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Missing Personal Files

1. Missing Personal Files - Similar Threads - Missing Personal Files

2. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  3. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  4. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All My personal Files are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All My personal Files are missing: Hi,After windows installed updates, all my personal files are missing. I have searched in multiple locations and have not been able to locate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-personal-files-are-missing/467c41de-0de6-4051-8619-3abc4d973cba
  6. All My personal Files are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All My personal Files are missing: Hi,After windows installed updates, all my personal files are missing. I have searched in multiple locations and have not been able to locate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-personal-files-are-missing/467c41de-0de6-4051-8619-3abc4d973cba
  7. All My personal Files are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer: Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer. Exists in OneDrive Online. - - - Updated - - - Problem solved. I reset OneDrive. 162370
  9. Personal vault is missing from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal vault is missing from file explorer: Hello, I recently switched to a new computer. I am using OneDrive on another drive rather than my C: drive. Since the switch I have successfully synced all information between OneDrive online and the drive itself. Everything seems to be working fine. However, unlike my...
  10. Missing Settings in Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Settings in Personalization: I'm trying to scroll some photos as my screen background. However, I'm missing the settings to do this in the Personalization settings in Windows 10. How do I show them? I only see Fonts and Taskbar, why? [ATTACH]...