Windows 10: Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.

Discus and support Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi ladies and gents! So i was looking for some photos on the 3rd december /2018 when i discovered some of my folders and photos are missing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sandyzee, Dec 5, 2018.

1. sandyzee Win User

Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.

Hi ladies and gents!

So i was looking for some photos on the 3rd december /2018 when i discovered some of my folders and photos are missing.

I assumed i backed it up on to my D;drive and external hard drive however, they weren't there.

Regardless, i thought i would restore the version of the folder i had named: 'pictures' dating from the '23rd of november' in the hope they'd reappear

when i click restore previous version, the process starts but a few seconds later i get a pop up box stating the following:

" an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the folder. If you continue to receive this error code, you can search for help with problem"

ERROR: 0x80004005: unspecified error

Doing some research it might have been a windows update error? onedrive error? network error?

Some background info about the laptop:

Previous updates were on the

15/11/2018

19/11/2018

19/11/2018

23/11/2018: security update for adobe flash player for windows 10 1803 for x64- based systems

4/12/2018

6/12/2018

I have malwarebytes as my antivirus

Is there any way to recover those photos/files? and is there something wrong with my system?

:)

sandyzee, Dec 5, 2018

2. Missing Photos

Hi Tanya,

There are different ways to restore your deleted or missing files, such as restoring it from previous versions or from a backup. Since that your back up hard drive isn't working, we suggest that you restore your deleted or missing files from previous versions.
    Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, and then right-click on it.
    • Select Restore previous versions.
      If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example C:\, right-click the drive, and then click on
      Restore previous versions.

To delete those duplicate photos, we suggest that you visit
    Microsoft Store
    and check for available 3rd party app for it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.

Photos dissappeared from folder

In your initial post, you mentioned that you've already tried restoring the missing files. Have you tried restoring the files from previous versions? If you haven't done so, simply navigate to the folder that used to contain the photos, right-click it, and
    then click Restore previous versions. If the folder was at the top level of a drive, for example C:\, right-click the drive, and then click Restore previous versions.

You'll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. The list will include files saved on a backup (if you are using Windows Backup to back up your files) as well as restore points, if both types are available.

If you're still not able to recover the missing files, you may want to consider resorting to third-party software utilities that can perform data recovery for a range of fees.

If there's anything else we can help you with, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder.

1. Missing photos, folders. Trying to restore previous version of folder. - Similar Threads - Missing photos folders

2. Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?: I have a drive with a subfolder that has suddenly disappeared. I can view the folder in a previous version but I'm worried that restoring the folder will eliminate any work that has been done after the restore point. Will restoring the folder delete any new work? Is there...
  3. Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will restoring a folder to a previous version delete work done after the restore point?: I have a drive with a subfolder that has suddenly disappeared. I can view the folder in a previous version but I'm worried that restoring the folder will eliminate any work that has been done after the restore point. Will restoring the folder delete any new work? Is there...
  4. Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version: As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have. It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete. Which is, I...
  5. Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version: As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have.It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete.Which is, I...
  6. Folder - Previous Versions question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder - Previous Versions question: [ATTACH] Hello guys How do i create a restore point (create a version i'll be able to go back to incase i mess something up) to a certain folder? I couldn't find anything on the internet, most likely not knowing what to search. thanks!...
  7. How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]This post covers how to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows […] This article How to restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders in Windows 10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot use "previous version" to restore a folder: Hi ! My thunderbird app just updated and deleted a custom file I put in its AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird folder. So I went to the "previous version" tab in the properties of the parent folder. From there, I can see multiple previous version of said folder which seems ok...
  9. Missing Photos folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...
  10. Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: How to: Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 How to Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can...