Windows 10: missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE...

Discus and support missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lori67k, Jun 29, 2020.

1. lori67k Win User

missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE...

I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.

When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:

missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE... 157e36dc-edbf-4205-86e4-914162599cd6?upload=true.png

Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"

I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.

here's a run down of all the steps taken:

using the 'run' box I typed in the following:

Step 1:

1. secpol.msc and press Enter.
    2. In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options.
    3. On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.

Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0

Step 2:

1. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:
      Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
    3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled I selected DISABLED instead. Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.

Step 3:

Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
    2. Next, navigate to following entry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

If the System subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.

3. In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
    4. Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0

YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above

These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.

I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint also unavailable. windows hello PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!

Please, can somebody help me fix this?

I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat and I feel like I'm about to lose my mind...

thanks

:)

lori67k, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Hweiro Win User

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

The 'I forgot my PIN' option allows me to change my PIN, but the PIN change option is still missing in my Sign-In options. Trying the steps in the link provided doesn't cause this option to appear. Is it a bug in my OS?

Hweiro, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows 10 picture password not appearing on sign in screen

Do you have any group policy settings activated? This could sometimes be an issue with the picture password, as some policy gets this disabled by default. If group policy is enabled on your system, follow these steps in disabling the policy "Do not display
    last user name":

• Press the Windows key + R keyboard combination to open a Run box, then type
      secpol.msc
      and press Enter.
    • In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options.
    • On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting. Now switch the radio button from
      Enabled to Disabled, then click Apply.
    • Restart your computer and the Picture Password / PIN code sign-in options will be back.

Please advise.

Mark Isi, Jun 29, 2020
  4. missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE...

Windows 10 picture password not appearing on sign in screen

It does but the option for the picture password isn't there. The second picture is with the Sign in options selected and the PIN and password are the only 2 options given.

AAMoorehead, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE...

1. missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE... - Similar Threads - missing picture password

2. Please, why is my password field and sign-in option missing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please, why is my password field and sign-in option missing?: Good day. I turned on my Acer aspire 4732z old PC but runs windows 10 update today and it's password field was missing. It was only telling me to setup my password which left the screen blurred when ever I clicked on it. I proceeded to make research on how to fix the problem....
  3. Please, why is my password field and sign-in option missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please, why is my password field and sign-in option missing?: Good day. I turned on my Acer aspire 4732z old PC but runs windows 10 update today and it's password field was missing. It was only telling me to setup my password which left the screen blurred when ever I clicked on it. I proceeded to make research on how to fix the problem....
  4. Please, why is my password field and sign-in option missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. the password option does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  6. the password option does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  7. Missing password option in Windows 10 sign-in options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing password option in Windows 10 sign-in options.: These are the only 'options' I have. Why can't I sign in with my microsoft password? I just had my hard drive replace and windows reinstalled. My windows password and pin still work but why don't I have the option to sign in with a password anymore?...
  8. Missing picture password option in sign-in options windows 10, it doesn't showing up !!!!!...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing picture password option in sign-in options windows 10, it doesn't showing up !!!!!...: When i reset'ed my laptop a week ago this problem is appearing and some glitches are also comming like , screen is blinking when i'm working , and it stops responding for some time ........and many issues , please help me with this issue [ATTACH]...
  9. Password is missing from sign-in options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password is missing from sign-in options: This is on the wife's DELL Laptop I was working on. "Here's the post" My wife wants me to change the login password from the one that I created. No big deal I thought. Now the thing is that option is not there. How do I find this option?? Thank folks I really appreciate your...
  10. Password is missing from sign-in options

in Windows 10 Support
    Password is missing from sign-in options: This is on the wife's DELL Laptop I was working on. "Here's the post" My wife wants me to change the login password from the one that I created. No big deal I thought. Now the thing is that option is not there. How do I find this option?? Thank folks I really appreciate your...