Windows 10: Missing Pictures Folder

Discus and support Missing Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I removed Pictures from OneDrive. Then i had to go into registry editor, to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johny w, Jul 23, 2020.

1. johny w Win User

Missing Pictures Folder

1. I removed Pictures from OneDrive.
    2. Then i had to go into registry editor, to set "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\My Pictures" path back to "%USERPROFILE%\Pictures".
    3. Then i deleted the remnant 'Pictures' folder in the OneDrive folder which was displaying a red dot.
    4. Now, Pictures folder is missing from my user directory.
    5. However, Pictures folder is visible in Quick Access. If i click Pictures in Quick Access, then i do see my pictures. The path of the folder is inside my User folder. But when i go to the user folder, Pictures folder isn't there. If i show Hidden items, it's still not there.

:)

johny w, Jul 23, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 1, 2020
  3. johny w Win User
    Missing Pictures Folder

1. I removed Pictures from OneDrive.
    2. Then i had to go into registry editor, to set "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\My Pictures" path back to "%USERPROFILE%\Pictures".
    3. Then i deleted the remnant 'Pictures' folder in the OneDrive folder (which was displaying a red dot).
    4. Now, Pictures folder is missing from my user directory.
    5. However, Pictures folder is visible in Quick Access. If i click Pictures in Quick Access, then i do see my pictures. The path of the folder is inside my User folder. But when i go to the user folder,
      Pictures folder isn't there. If i show Hidden items, it's still not there.

johny w, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Missing Pictures Folder

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Missing Pictures Folder

1. Missing Pictures Folder - Similar Threads - Missing Pictures Folder

2. Pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures folder missing: Trying to relocate the Pictures folder to my D: drive, I accidentally used the backslash as the first character and now the Pictures folder in explorer is not showing up. I tried the restore and got the failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume...
  3. Pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures folder missing: Trying to relocate the Pictures folder to my D: drive, I accidentally used the backslash as the first character and now the Pictures folder in explorer is not showing up. I tried the restore and got the failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under D:\System Volume...
  4. Pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pictures missing but folders are there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures missing but folders are there: I have been using Windows 11 a while now, but, I just went to my pictures and all the folders are empty. why? I am using Windows 11 Pro Ver 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-missing-but-folders-are-there/4ce34ae9-9a93-448b-9813-8927ceb1621e
  6. Pictures missing but folders are there

Pictures missing but folders are there: I have been using Windows 11 a while now, but, I just went to my pictures and all the folders are empty. why? I am using Windows 11 Pro Ver 21H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-missing-but-folders-are-there/4ce34ae9-9a93-448b-9813-8927ceb1621e
  7. Picture folders missing in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  8. Picture folders missing in Pictures

Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  9. Missing picture on folders !

Missing picture on folders !: A lot of my Movie folders if not all have lost the picture on the front. I have cleared thumbnails using the Microsoft Disk cleaner but no joy. If I move the folder from Pictures to Documents it works OK for awhile. If I also move back to Pictures it again works for a short...
  10. Missing folder (My Pictures)

Missing folder (My Pictures): I have just bought a new PC and installed all my folders and contents (Music, Photographs, Downloads and Documents etc). Recently after a Windows update I lost my 'My Picture' folder will all 650gb of my photographs (my main hobby) which was placed into my D: drive. Any...