Windows 10: Missing pictures

Discus and support Missing pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I resized some pictures and now instead of thumbnails, there's the missing icon white background with red cross showing. How do I get my pictures back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FilipSlaets, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Missing pictures

I resized some pictures and now instead of thumbnails, there's the missing icon white background with red cross showing. How do I get my pictures back. They are work related so I really need them.

Thanks

:)

FilipSlaets, Jun 11, 2020

2. Graphics or Pictures missing

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

For Internet Explorer

• Click on Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Choose Advanced.
    • In the Multimedia section of the list, make sure that the option Show Pictures
      is checked.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Jun 11, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Johan45 Win User

Missing pictures

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Missing pictures

1. Missing pictures - Similar Threads - Missing pictures

2. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  3. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  4. Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress: I am running Windows 10 and Live Mail 2012. The mail works very well with one exception. Emails received from Aliexpress do not show pictures. Instead, there are small boxes with an "X" in them, There is no error message. This is the same for all of the several email accounts...
  5. Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress

Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress: I am running Windows 10 and Live Mail 2012. The mail works very well with one exception. Emails received from Aliexpress do not show pictures. Instead, there are small boxes with an "X" in them, There is no error message. This is the same for all of the several email accounts...
  6. Missing: Desktop, Pictures, and Document folders because I uninstalled onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing: Desktop, Pictures, and Document folders because I uninstalled onedrive: Tried just about all suggestions I have found on this forum. None work or the items I need to click on are no longer there. I removed onedrive after backing up all my stuff. After rebooting the quick link menu no longer has these 3 folders: Documents, Pictures, and the...
  7. Missing: Desktop, Pictures, and Document folders because I uninstalled onedrive

Missing: Desktop, Pictures, and Document folders because I uninstalled onedrive: Tried just about all suggestions I have found on this forum. None work or the items I need to click on are no longer there. I removed onedrive after backing up all my stuff. After rebooting the quick link menu no longer has these 3 folders: Documents, Pictures, and the...
  8. Unusual Laptop Issue: Profile Picture Missing, Desktop Files Disappeared, Microsoft Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Laptop Issue: Profile Picture Missing, Desktop Files Disappeared, Microsoft Account...: I encountered a strange problem with my laptop recently. When I started it up, my profile picture had disappeared, and the login screen displayed the default Windows wallpaper in a light version. When I logged in, all my desktop files were gone, and the wallpaper remained the...
  9. Unusual Laptop Issue: Profile Picture Missing, Desktop Files Disappeared, Microsoft Account...

Unusual Laptop Issue: Profile Picture Missing, Desktop Files Disappeared, Microsoft Account...: I encountered a strange problem with my laptop recently. When I started it up, my profile picture had disappeared, and the login screen displayed the default Windows wallpaper in a light version. When I logged in, all my desktop files were gone, and the wallpaper remained the...
  10. Shortcuts missing icon picture

Shortcuts missing icon picture: Hi there, I have a problem. Some of my application shortcuts have missing icon pictures Avast, Firefox, Blender, some videogames, etc, it's just shows blank paper icon instead. I tried to change the icon by selecting the icon picture file on the "Properties" but somehow the...