Windows 10: Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Discus and support Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hweiro, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Hweiro Win User

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this?

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu c48893cb-0c9f-4c91-905f-3fb26bc32d65?upload=true.png

:)

Hweiro, Feb 7, 2020

2. Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, Feb 7, 2020
  3. idigweeds Win User
    The option "Pin to Start Menu" is missing in the right click menu for People App.

I have been unable to pin a tile to the Start Menu for the Windows 10's People App. The option "Pin to Start Menu" is missing in the right click menu. When I try to drag and drop the entry from the All Apps area to the Start Menu tiles area, it tells
    me that the app is already pinned there, but it's not. Are there any steps I can take to activate this option for this app?

idigweeds, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

1. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu - Similar Threads - Missing Pin Option

2. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  3. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  4. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  5. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  6. Sign-in Pin Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Pin Option: I've followed all support articles as to how enable, set up and activate pin, and how to take ownership of the Ngc files and still my dell computer does not show PIN sign-in option the Windows log-on. HELP!!!...
  7. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin sign-in option missing--can't log in: Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords...
  8. PIN sign in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN sign in option: How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option/63ea7aae-38bf-4cd8-be1b-16f133a69619
  9. sign-on options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign-on options missing: Why don't I have sign-on options when I boot up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-options-missing/dcbab909-36d6-44b7-ad60-058d92b5c1e3
  10. Missing Menu Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Menu Options: I have having difficulties connecting a xbox one controller to my windows PC. I have spent a long amount of time determining that it is not a controller but a PC issue. During my call with tech support one suggested step was to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin sign in option missing

2. pin sign in issues windows 10 microsoft.com