Windows 10: Missing pin

Discus and support Missing pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last update lost ability to sign on with pin now asking for Password. Have two step tried to reset password on my iPad shows password accepted can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JTNelson, May 23, 2020.

1. JTNelson Win User

Missing pin

Last update lost ability to sign on with pin now asking for Password. Have two step tried to reset password on my iPad shows password accepted can login on my iPad but still cannot get my Laptop to accept password. Help!

:)

JTNelson, May 23, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 23, 2020
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, May 23, 2020
  4. Missing pin

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Missing pin

1. Missing pin - Similar Threads - Missing pin

2. Missing pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing pin: My windows 10 machine lost its pin. I followed the recovery instructions and they failed. Odd microsoft is aware of the issue but is not fixing it. Anyway, I got a new laptop and found the old machine suddenly was working. Sorry for my lack of details. Would just deleting my...
  3. Missing pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing pin: My windows 10 machine lost its pin. I followed the recovery instructions and they failed. Odd microsoft is aware of the issue but is not fixing it. Anyway, I got a new laptop and found the old machine suddenly was working. Sorry for my lack of details. Would just deleting my...
  4. Missing pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing: Hi- when we upgraded at our school to Windows 11, my snipping tool icon will not display on the taskbar when it's pinned now - it just shows a greyish area with a tiny blue line underneath it. How do I get the snip tool icon to display when pinned to the taskbar? I don't have...
  6. snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing

snipping tool on windows taskbar won't display when pinned to taskbar - snip tool logo missing: Hi- when we upgraded at our school to Windows 11, my snipping tool icon will not display on the taskbar when it's pinned now - it just shows a greyish area with a tiny blue line underneath it. How do I get the snip tool icon to display when pinned to the taskbar? I don't have...
  7. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows: Windows device enrolled into Intune successfully by autopilot, and it prompt to configure Windows hello for business after provision. The WHFB has configure successfully but after restart the device, I do not have the option to login with WHFB, only username and password...
  8. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows: Windows device enrolled into Intune successfully by autopilot, and it prompt to configure Windows hello for business after provision. The WHFB has configure successfully but after restart the device, I do not have the option to login with WHFB, only username and password...
  9. Missing WHFB pin sign-in option while login Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Settings > Personalization > Start > Layout more pins feature missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings > Personalization > Start > Layout more pins feature missing: I want to have more pins instead of recommendations showing in my Windows 11 home menu.According to this article and many others, this is possible via the settings > personalization > start > adjust the layout to show more...