Windows 10: MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

Discus and support MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shon keem, Jul 27, 2022.

1. shon keem Win User

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create another balanced mode. I have tried powercfg commands in the past, but they have not worked yet. Thanks for your help!

:)

shon keem, Jul 27, 2022
  2. stoyskov Win User

Power Plans missing

Hi,

There are a few things you need to get the slider:

• The fall update; I have build 16299.64
    • Don't use a power manager (@wildbarry; you have the Dell Power Manager enabled which creates the problem for you)
    • You need to remove any custom (or previous windows) plan that you have, so the only mode left is 'Balanced (Recommended)

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan a81508ad-9b32-4720-9d03-86240ac04d3c.png

If you do not comply with the above; your power option when you 'LEFT click' on the battery icon, looks like this:

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan aebe94ad-c663-4eee-bcca-6ed71adbbd74.png

Fix:

1. Upgrade to the latest windows version (duh)

2a. Fix your powerplan:

If you have multiple powerplans, remove all but the 'Balanced (recommended)'. To delete a powerplan, make sure the 'Balanced (recommended)' is the default / selected one and open up the "Change Plan Settings" for the other plans. Then
    select 'Remove Plan'

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan a82b7b87-edb8-4513-bfae-955afd4b8865.png

2b. If you already only have the 'Balanced (recommended)' plan, see if you have a power manager e.g. Dell or HP and uninstall it. Reboot and see if that fixed the issue.

If not; and you only have the 'Balanced (recommended)',

• Create a new power plan using the "Create a powerplan" option in 'Control Panel / Power Options'.
    • Create it. Reboot.
    • Check the 'LEFT click' on the battery icon'. It should not show the slider.
    • Remove the plan.
    • 'LEFT click' on the battery icon. (My experience is that it still shows the old L&F)
    • 'LEFT click' AGAIN on the battery icon! And now it should update the view with the slider.

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan b8eb59d3-f5cd-45e2-80df-5e644aa7eb54.png

I hope that fixes it for most of you.

stoyskov, Jul 27, 2022
  3. Shawn Brink, Jul 27, 2022
  4. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

Power Plans missing

FIX for -- Disk usage 100% & Missing High Performance plan - Fixed

After trying to get to the power settings through Control Panel, Cortana and random other routes to power settings. Would only list Balanced Power Option. Did some more googling found this on another website, it worked. Why this worked and the other routes
    didn't?? I have no idea, but this gave me the fix to the problem. Hope it helps out!

Open Run --- (Window Button + R)

Copy and paste this powercfg.cpl

When the window opens look to the left column.

Click "Create a power plan"

You'll now see
    three
    options instead of just the one.

-Balanced

-Power Saving

-High Performance

Click the bubble for
    High Performance

Click Next

Select
    My Custom Plan 1

FIXED!

Open Task Manager.. Disk is now 2% etc

Krispy_Bentley, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

1. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan - Similar Threads - MISSING POWER PLAN

2. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  3. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  4. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting only balanced power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting only balanced power plan: Hey there ! In control panel , I am only getting balanced power plan in windows 11 . My version of windows is 21H2 , with OS BUILD 22000.856 . How to fix this ???...
  6. Getting only balanced power plan

Getting only balanced power plan: Hey there ! In control panel , I am only getting balanced power plan in windows 11 . My version of windows is 21H2 , with OS BUILD 22000.856 . How to fix this ???...
  7. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  8. Power plans missing, only balanced available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plans missing, only balanced available.: Hi, all my power plans are gone. Only balance is there. I tried everything with cmd and even did a repair install. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plans-missing-only-balanced-available/de0e372f-643f-4014-b32e-4bd0b0e161b6
  9. Power plans missing, only balanced available.

Power plans missing, only balanced available.: Hi, all my power plans are gone. Only balance is there. I tried everything with cmd and even did a repair install. It looks like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plans-missing-only-balanced-available/de0e372f-643f-4014-b32e-4bd0b0e161b6
  10. balanced plan for power

in Windows 10 Customization
    balanced plan for power: cannot get high performance power plan as option on laptop, what do I do? powercfg change does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/balanced-plan-for-power/b598c38c-df19-4005-93c0-148c12ed713e