Windows 10: Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2

Discus and support Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ugraded from windows 10 rtm to windows 10 th2 and lost the option to restore a power plan to its default settings, so when i edit a power plan, i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shae23, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Shae23 Win User

Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2

Ugraded from windows 10 rtm to windows 10 th2 and lost the option to restore a power plan to its default settings, so when i edit a power plan, i cant reset it to the defaults, is this normal with th2??? The first screenshot is of the option being there, well what its supposed to be and the other two are of my setup, as you can see i change a setting to see if it would pop up to restore defaults and it just doesnt....

:)

Shae23, Nov 16, 2015

2. Only 1 power plan after the Fall Creators update

I have the same problem in that there is only the 'Balanced' power plan available but the missing two show up in the custom power plans option. However as a stop gap I have recreated the 'High' and 'Power Saving' plans using the custom plan option and called
    them 'High!' and 'Power Saving!'. Seems to work until Microsoft fix the problem. I seem to vaguely recall that there was a similar problem in the last major update.

Hackney Man, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Pritam222 Win User
    Power Plans missing

I haven't installed any third party antivirus. Windows Defender works best for my device.

The device on which I am having problem is a convertible tablet computer (came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home Single Language). So I haven't installed many softwares on this device.

Link for MyPower.Reg - MyPower.reg

Pritam222, Nov 16, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Wonder if a restart will bring back the missing Restore default settings ?

davidhk, Nov 16, 2015
  5. Shae23 Win User
    Restarted, even did a clean install, so not there, anyone else on th2 maybe could confirm if they have that setting?

Shae23, Nov 16, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Windows 10 Home, threshold 2 10586.3

Mine is still present after change of power plan. See before and after screenshots.............

Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2 [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 16, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I tried changing the settings back to the default ones and they stuck.

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Shae23 Win User

I'm wondering if it's a windows 10 pro thing, but it's really irritating, hey @BunnyJ please elaborate on stuck

Shae23, Nov 16, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Here are screen shots of what I did.
    1.. I had it set up this way..

2. Then I reset the defaults and this is the way it stayed for me.

I'm not sure if that's what you want to do but that's what I found with a fast test.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 16, 2015
  10. It's there for me on 10 Pro. Have you changed any settings yet? Maybe it doesn't show up until you change something? I've already changed a bunch of settings. I did a clean install.

alphanumeric, Nov 16, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    No, it is not a Pro thing.
    I have another laptop running Pro version.
    Restore default settings option stays where it is.
    Something is amiss in your computer.

davidhk, Nov 16, 2015
  12. Shae23 Win User
    Yeah it would seem that way, I wonder if I can get it to show up with some registry entries

Shae23, Nov 16, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Why not start with some troubleshootings..........
    1. Run a full virus scan to make sure clean bill of health.

2.Run system file check looking for corrupt files ..... elevated command prompt > sfc /scannow

3. Image health restore ...... elevated command prompt > dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

davidhk, Nov 16, 2015
  14. sml156 Win User
    Click on the power plan

Change some of the Advanced settings

sml156, Nov 17, 2015
  15. Shae23 Win User
    Tried the sfc commend, no errors found, tried changing a bunch advanced options, restore default remains greyed out, gutters I'll just leave it alone

Shae23, Nov 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Missing Power Plan Options On Windows 10 TH2 - Similar Threads - Missing Power Plan

2. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  3. Windows 11 power plan options missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 power plan options missing: I want to change what my lid does when i close it, and now everything is missing in my power plan settings. I have always done this but today it just dissapeared. Clicking anything says "your power plan information isn't availible." I followed some tutorials on how to fix it,...
  4. Missing power plans windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing power plans windows 10: Hi. I recently found out that i only have balanced mode in power plan. There's no others if i try to create a new power plan neither in mobility center. I tried importing and activating it from Powershell. It activates the power plan like high performance. But there's no...
  5. USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB settings in power plan options is missing in Windows 10.: When i go to "change advanced power setting" I'm missing the usb settings. It's a brand new asus vivobook running WIn 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-settings-in-power-plan-options-is-missing-in/fcdd2e1e-2a20-4c27-aa45-16f1ce742064
  6. Missing options in power saving plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing options in power saving plans: Hey friends, I recently got a new Dell Inspiron 14 and I'm missing a lot of advanced options I was expecting when setting up a power saving plan. I can't set min or max CPU perfomance for either battery or powered states, can't set screen brightness either. I used to be able...
  7. Missing Power Plans & Options

Missing Power Plans & Options: I don't now what's going on, but lots of options are missing from default balance plan and the custom power plan I created. [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - I also ran this in cmd prompt: Code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61[/quote]...
  8. Windows 10 Power Plans Missing

Windows 10 Power Plans Missing: [IMG] No power options are shown. Is there any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-plans-missing/80ade1a5-1e08-417b-8e68-436f7a062ac9
  9. Windows 10 Power Plans are missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power Plans are missing.: This is frustrating me out, my balanced,high power and power saver are missing... I looked at other posts "Didn't work" Then I look in control panel and it's glitched out. [ATTACH]...
  10. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing power options win 10

2. missing power plan options windows 10

3. delete power plan in windows 10 home 1903

4. power plan options in windows 10 missing