Windows 10: Missing Power tab in Device Manager

Discus and support Missing Power tab in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SHORT VERSION: I am referring to this tab. My Device Manager doesn't have it. https://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/200...properties.jpg LONG VERSION: I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajfudge, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ajfudge Win User

Missing Power tab in Device Manager

SHORT VERSION:
    I am referring to this tab. My Device Manager doesn't have it.
    https://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/200...properties.jpg

LONG VERSION:
    I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop and I'm trying to check how much power a USB-connected device draws from my laptop. I am asking this because somehow the USB port can no longer sustain 2 external drives (via a USB hub) when both are connected at the same time. This setup worked okay before. So I'm diagnosing the problem and I'm at a roadblock because I can't find the Power tab.

Is this removed in Windows 10 or my computer is an isolated case? Can I re-enable this tab via registry?
    Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

:)

ajfudge, Oct 7, 2018

2. Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Power management tab missing from device manager?

In update 1709 there was a power management tab when you right clicked a bluetooth device from the device manager and clicked properties. It was right next to the Events tab. with update 1803 this option is gone. I used this feature to not allow windows
    to shut off my xbox one wireless controller when its trying to save power (it would shut off the controller every 30 seconds).

Tier 1 and 2 in microsoft support were no help so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler Hollingsworth, Oct 7, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Power tab in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Missing Power tab

2. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  3. Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab Missing in Device Manager: Hello!I have read the other thread regarding similar issues and tried different fixes without success. I am installing a Bluetooth device that uses a dongle for pairing. I am getting the following error message: "The power saving flag is set. Disable the power saving options...
  4. Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone: I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones and when I play or resume a video there is no audio for the first 1-2 seconds which is especially frustrating when working with short audio clipsAfter researching I'm guessing the issue has to do with the Power Management in the...
  5. Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone: I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones and when I play or resume a video there is no audio for the first 1-2 seconds which is especially frustrating when working with short audio clipsAfter researching I'm guessing the issue has to do with the Power Management in the...
  6. Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager: I am having issues with my HP laptop not waking from sleep. I need to verify the power management settings on the mouse and keyboard but the power management tab is missing in my device manager. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Power management tab is missing in device manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power management tab is missing in device manager!: If i go to network adapters and open the properties of my wifi card IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz there is no power management tab. Another post said to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power in regedit, where I had to create a new DWORD called...
  9. Missing Power Management Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Power Management Tab: I have a ACEPC GK2 pc. Windows 10 Home. And it is up to date as of today. This pc has a Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller. Since there no Power Management tab in the controller properties, I am unable to setup Wol on this PC. Why is it missing? Thanks....
  10. Missing Power tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Power tab in Device Manager: SHORT VERSION: I am referring to this tab. My Device Manager doesn't have it. https://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/200...properties.jpg LONG VERSION: I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop and I'm trying to check how much power a USB-connected device draws from my laptop. I am asking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager power management tab missing

2. windows 10 usb power tab missing

3. devive manager windows missing power management tab

4. power tab missing usb device manager,
  5. power tab windows 10 device manager