Windows 10: Missing printer

Discus and support Missing printer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Frustrated Paul C, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Missing printer

I assume there has been a recent update. My printer HPC3180 no longer appears on my list and has been replaced with HP ePrint. I've tried all the help and troubleshooting options. It is not found if I ADD printer. I can print when in a document, e.g. Word, so the printer is recognised

:)

Frustrated Paul C, Nov 17, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Missing Devices & Printers

Hi Tony,

Thank for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the printer?

• What is the exact issue are you facing?

• When you say ‘’ Most of my devices’’ what are device that is missing?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it this helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the printer driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows Key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for the Print Queues and expand it.

• Right click on the printer and click on
      uninstall.

• Once you are uninstalling the driver, restart the computer.
    If that does not help fix the issue, I suggest you to go to the printer manufacturer website, download the latest printer driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Missing printer

Printer default colour

If you have the time, could you do as I suggested giving me a step x step in case I have missed something please.

frenchman96, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Missing printer

1. Missing printer - Similar Threads - Missing printer

2. Shrink image option missing in printer properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrink image option missing in printer properties: Last month, I took an image to be printed, and as it was too big for its purpose, I was able to click on a box on the print page, to print at 50% (other percentages were available). Today, following the exact same process, I am wanting to shrink an image on the print...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text: Hello, I'm currently Running windows 10 but am having trouble with installing the 1909 nov. update. My HP printer doesn't agree with the update I have an Office jet 3833 and is windows 10 certified. My problem is it skips lines of text while printing, and will not print the...
  4. Missing Printers and Print Spooler issues after Windows 10 update from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Printers and Print Spooler issues after Windows 10 update from Windows 7: Because of the need to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I installed the Windows 10 1903 version from a USB stick a few days ago. After the installation was finished, I noticed there were no installed printers (I had almost 10 printers and PDF printers installed on Windows...
  5. Duplicated Printers Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicated Printers Missing: Hi - Some time back I set up duplicate entries for some of my printers so I could have one for single-sided color printing and one for double-sided black and white. Recently, those have gone away, and when I try to add them through the process I've used before (manually...
  6. Windows10 error says module is missing. traced to Samsun printer driver. Now what?

Windows10 error says module is missing. traced to Samsun printer driver. Now what?: Windows 10 error says module is missing. Traced to Samsung printer driver. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-error-says-module-is-missing-traced-to/fb9b28b9-62af-4d78-b71f-e6765f738edc
  7. MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing

MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing: I have a Windows 10 machine. It was automatically updated by Microsoft. After the update, the printer is going to the wrong port (to file) in the Control Panel. The port it should be going to is now missing. It was the port for a small private network shared printer. It was a...
  8. HP DeskJet 2630 Printer wont print saying missing driver.

HP DeskJet 2630 Printer wont print saying missing driver.: Hi ive got a new laptop & HP DeskJet 2630 All In One Printer. The Laptop O/S is Windows 10(64 bit) and ive managed to connect it to my Wi-Fi. Ive been finding this Windows 10 really difficult to do anything on like adding a shortcut icon for Facebook which ive got on my...
  9. Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...: But where do I do this? Okidata (the printer manufacturer) said that Microsoft now handles all printer drivers for Okidata printers and that if there are any missing, that Microsoft needs to be told to add them. In my case, I'm missing the drivers for a brand new Okidata...
  10. Printer Advanced Options missing

Printer Advanced Options missing: After my latest Windows 10 update I am no longer to scale my print and the print on front and back option is missing from the options. I've removed my HP printer then reinstalled it and it tells me the driver is up to date. Is there a known solution? I saw this issue...