Windows 10: Missing Program Files

Discus and support Missing Program Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated my PC to the latest version of windows 10. my problem is that when I go to the program files, the files of apps I installed like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReyvinMyggs, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Missing Program Files

I recently updated my PC to the latest version of windows 10. my problem is that when I go to the program files, the files of apps I installed like audacity does not show up. it only shows in here C:\Users\User\Documents\Audacity-This folder is empty. what should I do to fix this problem? Any advice or instructions would be gladly appreciated.

:)

ReyvinMyggs, Jun 9, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Missing Program Files

Error: 'msflxgrd.ocx missing' while installing program on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to corrupt/missing installation files of the program. Please provide the below information to understand the issue in a better way.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. How are you installing the program?
    3. Which program you are trying to install?

Since you have already tried some steps to resolve the issue, but you were unable to fix it. Please let me know the steps which you have tried, so that I will not provide the same suggestions again.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Missing Program Files

1. Missing Program Files - Similar Threads - Missing Program Files

2. Missing Program File on Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Program File on Laptop: Hi,Every time I start my laptop this message pops up:Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_26.52343.948.0_x64_v10z8vja...\DesktopExtension.exe'It's not causing any problems but it's kind of annoying. I had this issue a couple months ago and did a...
  3. Missing Program File on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Program File on Laptop: Hi,Every time I start my laptop this message pops up:Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AD2F1837.myHP_26.52343.948.0_x64_v10z8vja...\DesktopExtension.exe'It's not causing any problems but it's kind of annoying. I had this issue a couple months ago and did a...
  4. Missing Program File on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program Files x86 missing

Program Files x86 missing: Hello. Today when I started my computer it showed a screen saying fixing files something something. When it finished loading I noticed some of my games didn't have their pictures and when I clicked on them it said ''The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or...
  6. Missing programs and files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing programs and files.: Hi. This morning on opening my Windows 10 laptop the boot took longer than usual. Everything looked different homescreen background and icons which was a clue that something was wrong. All my files have disappeared and many programs. Remaining programs acted as if I was...
  7. Missing Program Files X86

Missing Program Files X86: I had windows 7 xp core i 3 ; so i upgraded to windows 10 pro 32-bit operating system; as i know i should be having 2 program files in the local disk however; when i upgraded to windows 10 pro the program files x86 has no existence. how can i solve it ? I have gone to many...
  8. Program's exe file missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program's exe file missing: Hello, So I ran into this issue where a program I downloaded Photofiltre 7 is now missing it's executable. It does even if I uninstall and reinstall the program. The installation shows the exe file being created, but than, the shortcut for the exe is blank, and the exe file...
  9. missing programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing programs: I cannot find accessories in my start up. I am trying to find out why I cannot download from the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-programs/c587f983-bac3-486e-9abc-3131d1f8ed08
  10. Zip File Program Missing

Zip File Program Missing: I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else. So right now I cant right click and unzip a file. The program I uninstalled had something in the title of exp, xmp, or...