Windows 10: Missing Projects

Discus and support Missing Projects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While working in Paint 3d, on a normal 2d project, the program crashed. It has done this multiple times before but my current open project has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NathanSaylor, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Missing Projects

While working in Paint 3d, on a normal 2d project, the program crashed. It has done this multiple times before but my current open project has always been listed as a "Recovered Project". This time not only was my project not there, there were no projects; ANYWHERE! All of my projects are gone. Some I have been working on for years. I've looked in the %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects and can find the tiny thumbnails of my projects but nothing I do will open them back up. Am I just screwed? Did I lose thousands upon thousands of hours of work?

:)

NathanSaylor, Dec 3, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Missing Projects

Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Missing Projects

1. Missing Projects - Similar Threads - Missing Projects

2. Missing Projects feature to new MS Paint from its 3D counterpart app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Projects feature to new MS Paint from its 3D counterpart app.: New MS Paint crashes intermittently, and causes data loss from a multilayer picture.Bringing the Projects feature from Paint 3D to the new Win32 Paint app is a great solution....
  3. Missing Projects feature to new MS Paint from its 3D counterpart app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Projects feature to new MS Paint from its 3D counterpart app.: New MS Paint crashes intermittently, and causes data loss from a multilayer picture.Bringing the Projects feature from Paint 3D to the new Win32 Paint app is a great solution....
  4. how do i recover projects that went missing after i pressed dont save on a blank project on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover projects that went missing after i pressed dont save on a blank project on...: I pressed don't save on an empty project on 3d Paint and it deleted all my other projects and I won't see any of them in the welcome screen how do I recover them it doesn't show any recovered projects...
  5. how do i recover projects that went missing after i pressed dont save on a blank project on...

how do i recover projects that went missing after i pressed dont save on a blank project on...: I pressed don't save on an empty project on 3d Paint and it deleted all my other projects and I won't see any of them in the welcome screen how do I recover them it doesn't show any recovered projects...
  6. Projecting Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting Driver Missing: Few weeks ago, I tried to project through a HDMI cable on my computer...but it shows an error message: "Your PC doesn't support....Please Check the driver and update" I've tried updating all the drivers from :Settings/Windows Update/Optional Updates But still shows the same...
  7. Projecting Driver Missing

Projecting Driver Missing: Few weeks ago, I tried to project through a HDMI cable on my computer...but it shows an error message: "Your PC doesn't support....Please Check the driver and update" I've tried updating all the drivers from :Settings/Windows Update/Optional Updates But still shows the same...
  8. Selected Reset on Photos and all my Video Projects are Now Missing

Selected Reset on Photos and all my Video Projects are Now Missing: I selected reset on the photos app, in the video editor trying to fix an issue with the video quality, it said you will not lose any of your files. But after I hit reset all of my video projects are missing. They were cut files of videos that were not saved anywhere else....
  9. My windows movie maker project crashed and all the videos are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows movie maker project crashed and all the videos are missing: Hi I am using Windows Movie Maker 12. I have been working on a project for the last 5 days. I have always saved it and keep saving it occasionally. Once in a while it crashed but then when I opened it the project restored and I saved it again. But, this time it crashed...
  10. Solved Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing

Solved Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing: I got solution for Missing "Connect" App and "Projecting to this PC" function is missing. in windows 10 1. Go to windows setting>[ATTACH] 2.System>Projecting to This Pc [ATTACH] 3 Here you will see option to add or install feature at place Launch the connect app 4 then...