Windows 10: Missing Projects

Discus and support Missing Projects in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While working in Paint 3d, on a normal 2d project, the program crashed. It has done this multiple times before but my current open project has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NathanSaylor, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Missing Projects

While working in Paint 3d, on a normal 2d project, the program crashed. It has done this multiple times before but my current open project has always been listed as a "Recovered Project". This time not only was my project not there, there were no projects; ANYWHERE! All of my projects are gone. Some I have been working on for years. I've looked in the %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MSPaint_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Projects and can find the tiny thumbnails of my projects but nothing I do will open them back up. Am I just screwed? Did I lose thousands upon thousands of hours of work?

:)

NathanSaylor, Dec 3, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Missing Projects

Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Missing Projects

1. Missing Projects - Similar Threads - Missing Projects

2. Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound is missing on laptop after changing the driver: Hello, I have purchased laptop HP Pavillion with windows 10 recently and i realized something is wrong with the sound, there is absolutely no bass (with and without using headphones). I went to Device manager > Sound and video game controllers and found my Realtek(R) Audio...
  3. Xbox live missing services

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox live missing services: Hey, I’m missing 2 of the Xbox live services I’ve tried to do that .reg download thing but it just says that it’s not allowed because you don’t have that high permission when my account is administrator and I don’t wanna reset my computer so yea pls help it worked before...
  4. camera missing

camera missing: have a new Epson printer but it will not show a camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-missing/44f939ac-8e79-4927-8935-76aa71dfdae2
  5. (SOLVED) Missing driver: "Detection Verification"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    (SOLVED) Missing driver: "Detection Verification": Update: I solved the issue by manually installing the Realtek Audio driver from Lenovo's website. _______________________________ I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB 81CT laptop, and I'm missing a driver for "Detection Verification" in device manager - any idea what this could...
  6. Missing driver: "Detection Verification"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing driver: "Detection Verification": I have a Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB 81CT laptop, and I'm missing a driver for "Detection Verification" in device manager - any idea what this could be? Hardware ID: {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build...
  7. Folder security tab missing on window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder security tab missing on window 10: My system:D folder is not accessible for me due to I don't have permission. But the security tab is missing. I did add a Nosecurity key with value 0 in registry editor in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer. But nothing...
  8. Missing icon choices.

Missing icon choices.: I want to change the icon on my shortcut folders on my desktop. When I click change Icon, there used to be all sorts of options, now there is none and the "look for icons in this file:" is blank. I have no idea how to fix this....and browse button only made me more...
  9. Game Mode missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Game Mode missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Game Mode is a feature available to all users of Windows 10 that focuses system resources on games when enabled. In this post, we will give an explanation as to why this feature might be missing or not be available [...] This post Game Mode missing in...
  10. Sign in with local account instead option missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Sign in with local account instead option missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]For the best experience on Windows 10, it’s recommended to be signed in on your computer with a Microsoft Account. Albeit, sometimes for one reason or the other, you may want to sign-in on your PC with a Local User [...] This post Sign in with local account...