Windows 10: Missing protocol for MS-PROJECT - can't open .mpp files from IE11

Discus and support Missing protocol for MS-PROJECT - can't open .mpp files from IE11 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I try to open an mpp file from Internet Explorer 11 I get the following message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-project link... look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rich007a, Jan 10, 2020.

1. rich007a Win User

Missing protocol for MS-PROJECT - can't open .mpp files from IE11

Hi,

When I try to open an mpp file from Internet Explorer 11 I get the following message:

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-project link... look for an app in the ms store..."

I have MS Project 2007 installed on my Windows 10 Pro laptop.

According to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/project-online-pwa-youll-need-a-new-app-to-open/5fef41c1-8fe8-40de-9395-775fc49076a9 I should be able to associate MS-PROJECT UrlMissing protocol for MS-PROJECT - can't open .mpp files from IE11 :project Protocol to the MS Project application, but this Protocol is missing when I go to "Choose default apps by protocol" in Windows settings.

Questions:

a Is the missing MS-PROJECT protocol the reason the mpp file won't open from IE?

b How do I add the missing protocol?

Cheers
    Rich

:)

rich007a, Jan 10, 2020
  2. pnpmech Win User

microsoft project (mpp) file viewer / editor for nokia E63

is there any mobile software available for project planning or microsoft project (mpp) file viewer / editor for nokia E63?

pnpmech, Jan 10, 2020
  3. thibles17 Win User
    mpp file project

Dude, you saved me, now my .mpp file is valid!

thibles17, Jan 10, 2020
  4. thibles17 Win User

mpp file project

I have one of ms project 2003 files that was damaged by virus or malware, after this, it started to show: An unexpected problem occurred while opening the file. I opened it in another version of MS Project 2013, but the same error appeared.

thibles17, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing protocol for MS-PROJECT - can't open .mpp files from IE11 - Similar Threads - Missing protocol PROJECT

2. MPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MPP: I recently bought a Bamboo Ink 2019 and have an Asus laptop that is currently installed with Windows 10. I've researched and my laptop has MPP and 'touch support and 10 touch points'. I've tried using my pen and restarting my laptop but it's not working. I've tried it on...
  3. MPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MPP: I recently bought a Bamboo Ink 2019 and have an Asus laptop that is currently installed with Windows 10. I've researched and my laptop has MPP and 'touch support and 10 touch points'. I've tried using my pen and restarting my laptop but it's not working. I've tried it on...
  4. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  5. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  6. mpp file project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mpp file project: I have one of ms project 2003 files that was damaged by virus or malware, after this, it started to show: An unexpected problem occurred while opening the file. I opened it in another version of MS Project 2013, but the same error appeared. 67947
  7. Can't fix missing protocols in this computer problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't fix missing protocols in this computer problem: *cry PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME I TRIED EVERYTHING FROM RESSTING WINSOCK, IP, UNCHECKING IPV 6 REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 ISO AND SO MUCH MORE AND I STILL CAN'T FIX MICROSOFT WONT HELP , AND I CANT GO BACK TO WINDOWS 8.1 BECAUSE I UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 FOR FREE 3 MONTHS AGO. IM...
  8. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  9. Missing Internet protocols

Missing Internet protocols: So I have been without internet for a couple weeks and have spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I only have an ethernet port on my machine, connected to my router via powerline adapters (which work with my other PCs). Windows troubleshooter tells...
  10. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. project protocl missing windows