Windows 10: Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver

Discus and support Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had to uninstall my PS/2 keyboard driver as some of my keys got stuck and kept pressing random commands and buttons. I want to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasHolm5, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver

Hi,

I had to uninstall my PS/2 keyboard driver as some of my keys got stuck and kept pressing random commands and buttons.

I want to reinstall the driver again, but it is missing.

*Showing hidden devices* does not work either.

*Reboot* does not work either.

What should I do?

:)

ThomasHolm5, Sep 15, 2020
  2. ao1793ZQ. Win User

PS/2 mouse driver is missing while

hello

This issue is addressed to microsoft technical people only,

PS/2 mouse driver is missing while PS/2 keyboard is working,

when plugging mouse to PS/2 port , mouse is not working,

when plugging keyboard to PS/2 port , keyboard is working,

I tried setting ease of access mouse, uninstall mouse driver then restart, problem still exists,

I think there is a bug in windows, please i am asking microsoft to resolve this issue in the near future

KB updates, just for your information unplug keyboard from USB port and reconnect to PS/2 or Viceversa,

keyboard is working just fine, that's why i think it's a bug.

ao1793ZQ., Sep 15, 2020
  3. PS/2 keyboard not working

I thank you for your quick response. I have tried all methods suggested by you but none was helpful. Anyway thank you very much.

SanjayDalal, Sep 15, 2020
  4. PronoyRoy Win User

Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver

Standard PS/2 Keyboard has a driver problem (Code 39)

Laptop keyboard [Standard PS/2 Keyboard] has stopped working.

Error message as shown below:

[Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.]

Have tried the following option-

1. Troubleshooting option through Control Panel-Hardware and Devices- then restarting system

2. Uninstalling the device and restarting the system.

Both have failed to solve the issue.

Q1. Am i missing any step here?

Q2. Are there other alternatives i can try to restore device ?

PronoyRoy, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver

1. Missing PS/2 Keyboard Driver - Similar Threads - Missing Keyboard Driver

2. accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver: accidentally deleted standard ps/2 keyboard driver and now my internal keyboard of my laptop wont work tried rebooting nothing happens please help...
  3. Accidentally deleted PS/2 keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted PS/2 keyboard driver: I accidentally deleted my PS/2 keyboard driver while trying to fix a problem I had with the keyboard itself. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. I already tried restarting after it happened with no results. I also did a 'Scan for Hardware Changes', but it wasn't...
  4. Accidentally deleted PS/2 keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted PS/2 keyboard driver: I accidentally deleted my PS/2 keyboard driver while trying to fix a problem I had with the keyboard itself. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. I already tried restarting after it happened with no results. I also did a 'Scan for Hardware Changes', but it wasn't...
  5. Accidentally deleted PS/2 keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. standard ps/2 keyboard drivers

standard ps/2 keyboard drivers: my device keyboard is not working because of mismatch of driver,what is the best driver for standard ps2 keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-ps2-keyboard-drivers/bcc4fc2d-83d6-4d9f-b2ae-727b612bafd6
  7. Problem with Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Standard PS/2 Keyboard driver: I want to disable my built in laptop keyboard but the driver keeps installing itself back up. I want ahead and opened gpedit.msc where I added all three of it's ip to the restricted list but it still installs back up. I am at a loss of what should I do at this point as this...
  8. Is my built in keyboard not working as a result of missing the driver "Standard PS/2...

Is my built in keyboard not working as a result of missing the driver "Standard PS/2...: I have an GL553VD Asus Laptop. After turning it one day the built in keyboard was no longer working. After doing some digging, I've noticed that I'm missing the "Standard PS/2 Keyboard Driver", usually found in "Keyboards" in "Device Manager". I presume this is the problem...
  9. standard ps 2 keyboard drivers

standard ps 2 keyboard drivers: [ATTACH] I accidentally delete the drive that can type in the keyboard, the keyboard name is "standard ps 2 keyboard drivers" so which website can re-install again. My laptop is HP 15 and I have Windows 10....
  10. PS/2 mouse driver is missing while

PS/2 mouse driver is missing while: hello This issue is addressed to microsoft technical people only, PS/2 mouse driver is missing while PS/2 keyboard is working, when plugging mouse to PS/2 port , mouse is not working, when plugging keyboard to PS/2 port , keyboard is working, I tried setting ease of access...