Windows 10: Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903

Discus and support Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sorry if this is a little lengthy. I wanted to provide as much detail as possible. I am running Windows 10 build 1903. Prior to the update, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thomasm516, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903

Sorry if this is a little lengthy. I wanted to provide as much detail as possible. I am running Windows 10 build 1903. Prior to the update, I was use a custom ADUC console that had loads of LDAP queries and a couple of different domains. After the upgrade to 1903, I noticed that the Remote Desktop Services Profile tab was missing. The first thing that I verified is that Advanced Features is enabled on the View menu.

Next, I did an online search and found a number of articles recommending that the following two files be copied from a Windows Server 2012 R2 server:

• tsuserex.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    • tsuserex.dll.mui to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US

And then to run regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\tsuserex.dll. I copied the files and successfully registered the DLL. Unfortunately, that made the problem worse. Now, I can't load the ADUC console at all. I get the following error:

MMC could not create the snap-in.

MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly.

Name: Active Directory Users and Computers

CLSID: {E355E538-1C2E-11D0-8C37-00C04FD8FE93}

So it was back to the Internet. Found an article indicating that I should look for the CSLID in the registry. I found that key, and it has a subkey called InprocServer32, which contains a value referencing %systemroot%\system32\dsadmin.dll. The article recommended registering dsadmin.dll, which I did successfully, but that made no difference.

I can create a new ADUC console, but I would need to re-create all my LDAP queries. I would really prefer a way to get my current ADUC console working again.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem so that I can regain access to my custom ADUC console? Barring that, and assuming that I can access the ADUC console from another machine, is there a way to export the saved queries so that I can just import them into a new console?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer!

--Tom

:)

thomasm516, Jul 12, 2019
  2. rjonesdj Win User

RSAT Windows 10 - AD - Remote Desktop Services Profile Tab

Have installed RSAT for Windows 10 successfully, am using Active Directory Users and Computers, but I am unable to view the Remote Desktop Services Profile Tab.

Advanced Features is selected in the AD view.

I have been through install/remove Windows features and ensured all RSAT tools have been ticked, including the Remote Desktop Services Tools.

Have tried the following fix with no success - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725609.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Anybody run into this? Have any suggestions?

Thanks

rjonesdj, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 RSAT: Multiple tabs are missing when viewing user properties in Active Directory Users and Computers

Hello I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Professional on my workstation.

I have noticed two issues since installing RSAT for windows 10 however I have solved one of them.

• DHCP is missing from the administration tools.
      • This appears to be a MS decision and will be resolved win server 2016 comes out. Which is one of the reasons I am going to leave Win10 back for win7.
      • Multiple Tabs are missing for AD users and Computers even with the Advanced view enabled. Tabs such as Environment, Sessions, Remote control, Remote desktop Services Profile, Security
    Windows Vista had a hotfix for this issue, and Windows 7 just worked.

Donald7777, Jul 12, 2019
  4. David4802 Win User

Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903

Windows 10 - The User Profile Service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded

This is absolutely no help. I cannot get to the desktop. The sign-in FAILED! That's what the message is all about.

David4802, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903

1. Missing Remote Desktop Services User Profile Tab in Windows 10 Build 1903 - Similar Threads - Missing Remote Desktop

2. windows 10 user service profile failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 user service profile failed: hello, I am using Windows 10 and recently accidentally deleted onedrive folder, where apparently my profile related files were contained. After a reboot now I cannot login to my profile although it appears in the login screen. When I enter my password, a warning message pops...
  3. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  4. User profile is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile is missing: The main user profile is missing. How do i access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-is-missing/642d580b-11b7-41d9-8986-3429d4cb1e4e
  5. Remote Desktop Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Service: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-%EC%8B%9C%EC%9E%91%EC%9D%B4/2413d62f-1d3a-409f-840d-a0e91aabc78a
  6. Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will talk about the issue of the Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB (Remote Desktop Web Access) being missing from the default […] This article Remote Desktop tab in RDWEB missing from Edge browser in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection - Select User Missing: Hi, I wish to configure Remote Desktop Connection on my Home Network running under Win 10 Home, ver 1903 (Build 18362.476). Allow Remote Assistant Connections are enable on each PC. However my Laptop displays SELECT USER button in the Remote Desktop Settings, but my...
  8. Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be...: I had this exact message on my main desktop pc after trying to log on immediately after Win10 updates were installed. Having found an old Win10 thread with the same title but without the bracketed wording, it seemed there was a solution. However, my need was for a working...
  9. Waiting for user profile service Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Waiting for user profile service Windows 10: We are trying out Win10 1709 Enterprise in our environment. When logging on when already connected to the domain, the logon is quite fast. But when logging on the computer when it is offline or not on the domain, it takes up to 3 minutes to log on. I`ve enabled verbose...
  10. Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Remote Desktop Profiles are missing.: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I was able to use CiscoConnect to connect to my workplace VPN but my Remote Desktop login information is missing. Is there a way to restore of find the IP, etc.? Thanks ~Tracy 24652

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop service profile tab missing

2. why is remote desktop services profile tab missing in windows 10 1903