Windows 10: Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files

Discus and support Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This issue is similar to the issue asked in below question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshishThorat, May 21, 2020.

1. Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files

Hi,

This issue is similar to the issue asked in below question:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...internet/ef912062-9ddb-4cf1-8e8d-ad5f8daa64ef

I had taken a couple screenshots and saved it to a folder in Windows 10.

But while saving one of the last screenshots, some movement or action happened via the mouse in the SaveAs window and snipping tool and the entire folder in which the screenshots were saved went missing.

When I trued to search the entire drive with the name that I had provided to a screenshot, I am able to see the exact file name in search result.

But I cant go to its file locaiton, or open that image file.

Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files e8683c8e-efcc-4b28-900b-909256ff2bbc?upload=true.jpg

I dont have any backup of those files.

Is there any way to get back the folder with all files from it back.

:)

AshishThorat, May 21, 2020
  2. Pech_096 Win User

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, May 21, 2020
  3. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 21, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files

The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

Hi,

The missing option to convert files can be caused by changes made in your PC. Due to some restrictions, we weren't able to view your video. We'd like to know more information so we can provide a solution suitable to your concern. Can you provide the answers
    to the questions below?

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, if you're using an app to convert files, we suggest updating it as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve the issue.

Anne Ros, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files

1. Missing screenshot images converted to shortcut files - Similar Threads - Missing screenshot images

2. Missing screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing screenshots: Hi, guys,For a certain period of time my default Screenshots folder was not existing. I was making screenshots during this period. Can you tell me where they have been saved? And, is it possible that they weren't saved during this period and are simply lost forever never...
  3. Missing screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing screenshots: Hi, guys,For a certain period of time my default Screenshots folder was not existing. I was making screenshots during this period. Can you tell me where they have been saved? And, is it possible that they weren't saved during this period and are simply lost forever never...
  4. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  5. screenshot shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screenshot shortcut not working: windows + prt sc not working after updating to windows 11 22h2, before the update it was working fine. snipping tool is working fine but the win + prt sc shortcut is not working now. please help me to rectify the problem....
  6. Screenshot shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot shortcuts not working: Windows + Print Screen and Windows + Shift + S were working until when I tripped and put my hands on my keyboard to prevent me from falling but I ended up opening a bunch of apps and my screenshot buttons don't work anymore.Windows + Print Screen = Screenshot the entire...
  7. Screenshot shortcuts not working

Screenshot shortcuts not working: Windows + Print Screen and Windows + Shift + S were working until when I tripped and put my hands on my keyboard to prevent me from falling but I ended up opening a bunch of apps and my screenshot buttons don't work anymore.Windows + Print Screen = Screenshot the entire...
  8. Image converter !

Image converter !: Hi, can someone explain what a "Image converter" actually does ? I have been taking photos using the best possible settings on my camera. I then download and use on PowerPoint presentations or send by email to friends etc. I have been using a Image converter out of the...
  9. Screenshots are missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshots are missing?: [ATTACH] Not sure what happened? But my computer froze while using Windows Ink Workspace while editing a screenshot and now all my screenshots are missing. The screenshots folder is empty and when I went to search for a screenshot, it was replaced with this. Please help....
  10. Files converted to shortcuts when moved to a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files converted to shortcuts when moved to a folder: I wanted to declutter my desktop, so I created a new folder on the desktop then highlighted and dragged/dropped a bunch of stuff into that folder. None of the things I dragged/dropped were shortcuts. I save most things directly to my desktop for easy access. So everything...