Windows 10: Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909)

Discus and support Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed the latest update of windows 10 (home and pro). Windows 10 Pro - 1909 (v. 18363.476) Now the "search" tab is no longer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yaek.m, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Yaek.m Win User

Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909)

Hello,

I have installed the latest update of windows 10 (home and pro).

Windows 10 Pro - 1909 (v. 18363.476)

Now the "search" tab is no longer in the folders and I can't clear the search history either. Where is this tab?!

Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909) 80401156-3f67-42c1-8522-d9f8ec69eb4b?upload=true.png

:)

Yaek.m, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

1909 Update file explorer search issue.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    1909 Update file explorer search issue.

I changed windows services to automatic no delay start. and on recovery tab restart after 5 minutes and no issues on any of my computers

for 5 hours so far. Before that it would suspend search after 5 minutes or so and i would have to restart explorer big pain as it closes all open windows.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909) - Similar Threads - Missing search tab

2. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Hello, New to this, hopefully I did this correctly Question asked, but " This thread is locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-not-working-in-windows-10/3c70ea75-79a8-4f3b-b10a-86be1f22931c As some/many have posted,...
  3. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  4. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  5. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  6. Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909

Advance search missing in File Explorer after update to windows version 1909: Where is the advanced search in the 1909 version of File Explorer. I search using date modified today, yesterday, past 7 days....... It doesn't seem to be in 1909 version I updated on Feb 5th 2020 - A comment of the new File Explorer Yucky having to click the arrow key to...
  7. Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 - File Explorer search box missing: As the title says, updated a PC to 1909 and now the search box in file explorer is missing. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/ShiningSquirrel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ej4avc/windows_10_1909_file_explorer_search_box_missing/
  8. File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909

File Explorer search not working in Windows 10 1909: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 1909 the Search Box in the File Explorer is completely unuseable. It shows a text cursor but I cannot click inside the box or type any text into it. Essentially it's a text box with no "wiring". Any ideas how to resolve this issue? I'm...
  9. Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 File Explorer Search issue: What happened to explorer search? Unable to paste the copied file name to search for as it was in previous versions. I have to manually type the file name and press Enter. This is terrible! Why does Microsoft only make things worse with each new version ?!...
  10. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer search tab missing

2. file explorer search tab missing windows 10

3. windows 10 file explorer search tab missing

4. search tab missing in windows 10,
  5. no search tab in file explorer windows 10,
  6. search tab missing in file explorer,
  7. file explorer missing search tab,
  8. search tab missing windows 10,
  9. windows explorer search tab missing,
  10. file explorer search tab,
  11. windows 10 file explorer no search tab,