Windows 10: Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Discus and support Missing search tools tab in file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by astroguy67, May 25, 2020.

1. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Hello,

I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless approved by our company, and that still has the Search Tools tab. So an update that was performed recently must have broken it. I'd like to get it back again, as I find it to be a useful, necessary feature. To add, this happened on four computers that I own that are all running Windows 10.

Thanks,

-Jim

:)

astroguy67, May 25, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Missing Tab On File Explorer

The tabs and their functions are dynamic, adjusting to suit what you are currently viewing in File Explorer. For example, if you select a .mp4 file a tab named 'Video tools' appears, select a .zip and you get 'Compressed folder tools', do a search and a Search tools tab appears. The tools on the Home tab (delete, select, etc.) are only appropriate when viewing the contents of a drive or a folder, there is no Home tab when viewing 'This PC' but there is when in 'Quick access'.

Have you recently change File Explorer to open at This PC? That may explain your missing Home tab, it should appear when needed as you explore the drives and folders.

3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 25, 2020
  4. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Using Wildcard to search in windows Explorer

Hi Jerry,

To isolate your concern regarding Wildcard search on
    Windows File Explorer
    , we suggest that you run an SFC
    (System File Checker) tool
    to check for system file corruptions and fix it. Once done, restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

In addition, you can manage the search options to give you the most thorough search by following these steps:

• Click File tab on Windows File Explorer, click
      Change folder and search options.

• Click Search tab and select Don't use the index when searching in file folders for system files (search might take longer).
    • You can also select Always search file names and contents (this might take several minutes).

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Joseph Ban, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

1. Missing search tools tab in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Missing search tools

2. File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11: [IMG]Tabs in File Explorer were among the new features added in Windows 11. You no longer need to use 3rd-party freeware or create a new window each time you need to open multiple folders in new tabs. the new feature lets you open tabs for various folders independently on the...
  3. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  4. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  5. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  6. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  7. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  8. Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909)

Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909): Hello, I have installed the latest update of windows 10 (home and pro). Windows 10 Pro - 1909 (v. 18363.476) Now the "search" tab is no longer in the folders and I can't clear the search history either. Where is this tab?! [ATTACH]...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer title bar missing