Windows 10: Missing security and quality updates

Discus and support Missing security and quality updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my pc which is running windows 10 will not update quality and security up dates it says there's an error Error code is 0x8024a21e, I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanFenton2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Missing security and quality updates

Hi my pc which is running windows 10 will not update quality and security up dates it says there's an error

Error code is 0x8024a21e, I can't seem to get any sense from anywhere also windows trouble shooter just keeps looking for "pending restart, I have restarted the pc with no results Help

:)

IanFenton2, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Tyler815 Win User

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes problem

Thank you. Below are screen shots from Hard Disk Sentinel, as well as Crystal Disk, which is what I normally use for checking disk health.

Missing security and quality updates [​IMG]

I see now about the ISO file now. I can just run it in Windows Explorer and then click on the Setup.exe file inside the ISO file to run it, correct?

At this point I am wondering if I should take any other steps first before running the ISO file and doing the install?

I will of course make a drive image first using Acronis before running it though.

Thanks again.

Tyler815, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Tyler815 Win User

Missing security and quality updates

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes problem

Thank you. It looks like all is good now after it added a few updates and did a reboot, see below.

Perhaps in the future, if someone else has a WU issue, you can ask if they are running a VPN and/or suggest they turn it off since it seems WU refuses to download certain things if the connection is going over a VPN. This isn't the first time I have had to disable the VPN to access certain things.

Tyler815, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Missing security and quality updates

1. Missing security and quality updates - Similar Threads - Missing security quality

2. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Windows update display the subject alert, but does nothing. Appears to be checking for updates but never comes back with anything,,,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/2d49a586-e234-48e9-aa69-768ad6f74f3b
  3. your device is missing security and quality fixes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your device is missing security and quality fixes: I had a activated window 10 home Single Language version 1809. It was activated with pc when I bought it. Recently on 13th January 2020, I had installed a exe file without checking and the problem started. I am writing the problem as it appeared to me: 1. Whenever I...
  4. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Ever since I updated to Feature Update 1909, my Windows Update has been stating that "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." This message never goes away, despite checking for updates on a daily basis. I still receive my normal updates, such as...
  5. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: when I update the windows ,after installing the update the above error comes and then says retry. This belongs to cumulative updates. My OS version is Windows 10 1903. And the error code is 0x80073701.How can I fix this?. Already I did the troubleshoot but it didn't solve...
  6. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: This morning I have got an error icon on the right side of the start bar saying 'My computer might be missing an important update.' And When I tried to update my windows, I am repeatedly getting an error 0x80070424. How Can I update my windows?...
  7. "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

"Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": I keep getting: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." After trying to update Windows 10 Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/e2e71993-7610-40b5-a0f8-d19c3578d812
  8. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Has anyone fixed the windows update message Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/8414bade-3e65-43b7-a3a0-adced0cee95c
  9. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Hi Microsoft Support, After upgrading Windows 10 v1709 to 1803, I have problem with updates. It give me error "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". How to solve this? Why this is happened? Please test your updates before releasing them....
  10. your device is missing important security and quality fixes

your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Why am I getting this message, but no updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/9da79aee-b8a7-4b6f-8bad-37f2226479e0