Windows 10: Missing Segoe UI Font

Discus and support Missing Segoe UI Font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ComponentActual, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Missing Segoe UI Font

I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back to the standard "Segoe UI Regular", only to discover it was no longer listed in font selection drop down box in Winaero Tweaker. I then checked Control Panel\Fonts\Segoe UI, and sure enough Segoe UI Regular and Segoe UI Bold are both missing.

Where can I get a copy of the Segoe UI fonts that come with Windows 10 to replace the ones I lost? I tried running sfc /scannow hoping that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running windows update to no avail either. I am download the Windows 10 installation media right now, because I read you could install fonts off the disc, but I haven't been able to find any information on how to do so.

:)

ComponentActual, Jun 8, 2016
  2. S73
    s73 Win User

Windows 10 Change default font

Since Win 10 default system font is "Segoe UI" the trick from How do I change Windows 10 fonts? works

save it as reg file, execute, restart. Helped me to solve issue with blurry fonts (raster fonts appearance fixed through System >> Advanced system settings >> Perfomance >> uncheck "Smooth edges of screen fonts").

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Weird "Open With" Settings

Looks like the Windows 10 system font may be corrupt, though I have been seeing this problem a few times on MS Community, so maybe an update caused this . . .

Go to Control Panel - Fonts, then click on Font Settings in left panel

Click on 'Restore Default font settings' Button.

Also, this is the registry key for the System Font, check your key to see if it is the same

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Jun 8, 2016
  4. chamber Win User

Missing Segoe UI Font

you probably would just be able to download it online and then install it from there, just look up "seoge ui download" and you'll probably find something.

chamber, Jun 8, 2016
  5. However, if you try to download Segoe UI again off the Internet using Windows 10, it means that you are basically downloading the old version of Segoe UI like in Windows Vista/7 (in usual cases).

If you happen to download the NEW version of Segoe UI, just give us the link and the new version can be re-downloaded (if they allow it).

Anthony278, Jun 25, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    OPTION 1: If you have the Window10 ISO. Just double click to mount then use 7-zip to open the file install.wim or install.esd. Navigate to Windows\Fonts folder and copy those missing fonts.

OPTION 2:
    If you don't have the Windows 10 ISO. Here's the zip file, unzip and install those missing fonts.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2016
  7. I recently downloaded the MCT Pro and Techbench ISOs and found that both are indexed.
    index:1 is Pro
    index:2 is Home

When you open install.wim or install.esd, you see 2 folders and an xml file

Missing Segoe UI Font [​IMG]

The xml file defines which edition was downloaded and which one (I think) gets booted

Windows is under the indices and Fonts is under Windows

Techbench:
    \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.wim\2\Windows\Fonts\

MCT:
    \sources\install.esd\1\Windows\Fonts\
    \sources\install.esd\2\Windows\Fonts\
    It shouldn't matter from which edition folder you get the fonts

Side note: SFC /ScanNow would restore the font

Slartybart, Jun 25, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Missing Segoe UI Font

Thanks guys!
    I was also having the EXACT same problem. Winaero is now gone from my system.
    By the way, to reset system fonts, go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings and click "Restore default font settings".

Sorry again Dino for typing the wrong name on the rep*Redface

Cliff S, Jun 25, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I just tied what Bill mentioned and it works great.
    I mounted an ISO(TechNet in my case),
    Worked my way to H:\sources\install.wim\
    Opened it with 7zip(yes 7Zip opens wim files),
    worked my way to H:\sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Fonts\
    and selected a .ttf font:

Then I copied it to a work place, in my case I prefer Downloads an a working folder, but you can use Desktop or Documents, it doesn't matter.
    Then I just right clicked it, and there is the Install option:

Cliff S, Jun 25, 2016
  10. Technically, it is what topgun suggested. I only corrected the location of the Windows folder. *Cool*Nerd

Slartybart, Jun 25, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Yep. You're both doing a great job!
    Of course I had to try it*Biggrin
    I never even thought about digging in the ISO for files.
    Now I have a new toy*Nerd

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing Segoe UI Font

1. Missing Segoe UI Font - Similar Threads - Missing Segoe Font

2. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  3. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  4. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  6. Segoe UI Emoji on macOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe UI Emoji on macOS: Hi,Since, Windows 11 Emoji launched, I have been obsessed with them, but the problem is that I use a Mac. Is there a way I can change the default "Apple Color Emoji" to the new Segoe UI Emoji?...
  7. Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font

Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font: Hey, I want to know how to download the Windows 7 Segoe UI fontfamily. I just want to know the download link here. Purpose is for: SevenTheme JB Carreon 177552
  8. How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?

How to change font BACK to default Segoe UI?: I've seen lots of tutorials and stuff about changing the default font from Segoe UI to something else e.g. Calibri on Windows 10. However, I want to know how I can change the font back to Segoe UI, because my font glitched out and it has the square placeholder characters in...
  9. Trouble Getting Rid of Segoe UI Font

Trouble Getting Rid of Segoe UI Font: Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I customize the font on my Windows 10 laptop by going into the registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts), and removing the value data from the key for each font I want to modify. I...
  10. Segoe UI Semibold font bug?

Segoe UI Semibold font bug?: Hi, I came across the following irregularity in the Segoe UI Semibold font: [ATTACH] Only in 11pt the dots in i and j are not at the same height. Has this been fixed? Is there a newer version of the font? Thanks!...