Windows 10: Missing service Windows Search, Cortana

Discus and support Missing service Windows Search, Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7, I had to upgrade to Windows 10. But my laptop is10 years old and it working very slowly. Now I'm using a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hristo.Bo, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Hristo.Bo Win User

Missing service Windows Search, Cortana

Since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7, I had to upgrade to Windows 10. But my laptop is10 years old and it working very slowly. Now I'm using a light version of Windows 10 Enterprise, but Cortana has been removed from it, Windows Search also. When I press the Start menu and type in a file name, nothing happens. The search engine has been removed. How can I add this search engine - by installing a program, through the registers, or something else. There is no Windows Search in "services.msc" Can someone tell a solution?

Missing service Windows Search, Cortana 6106c977-1bc7-48d9-8bce-ab7a674ace0d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Hristo.Bo, Jan 26, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Missing service Windows Search, Cortana [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Jaxel Win User

Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

So I've gotten fed up enough with the terrible windows search system.

I went into services.msc and disabled the windows search service; then restarted my computer.

However, "Cortana" is still listed in my task manager taking up 50mb of memory.

How do I kill Cortana?

Jaxel, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Missing service Windows Search, Cortana - Similar Threads - Missing service Search

2. Search Box not working and Cortana is missing

in Cortana
    Search Box not working and Cortana is missing: My search boxes do not work in Windows 10. I think I caused it by deleting Cortana. I went to the Microsoft Store to try and install the app but all I get after the install is a window that says "Thank for your interest" I saw on a previous post a way to reinstall Cortana...
  3. Cortana search box is missing

in Cortana
    Cortana search box is missing: [ATTACH] Cortana search box is missing in task bar. I need to open application via voice commands and this is only way I found it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-box-is-missing/f7b7f9ae-b296-4e2e-91e9-f3672db8ba47
  4. windows search service missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search service missing: So i wanted to search a file with file explorer but apparently search indexing was turned off, so i went ahead and tried to turn it on, guess what i couldn't, "modify" is greyed out and rebuild in the advanced tab does absolutely nothing. i looked it up and it seemed to have...
  5. Windows search not working windows search service is missing

in Cortana
    Windows search not working windows search service is missing: My windows search doesn't seem to be working. When I open start menu and start typing something to search, like calculator, or powerpoint, the results don't show. I've disabled the cloud feature but I think the local results should still be displayed. I tried rebuilding the...
  6. Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing: [ATTACH] I installed the latest update of windows insider preview and the build id is 1903 suddenly the cortana and search settings option got removed from the user settings. tried internet tutorial nothing worked. please help me, attaching the screenshot below. my...
  7. Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge, Search Bar and Cortana missing: So I just installed Microsoft 10. i set it up and once I got in, I’m missing my search bar, edge and cortana, I right clicked on taskbar and clicked show on search bar and when i click it it doesnt let me search, and I have a bunch of weird widgets on my Start.[IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 settings, services, cortana search broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 settings, services, cortana search broken.: I think the Windows version is 1803. There's a lot of strange stuff going on with my PC out of the blue. I can open settings but cannot click on anything,, same with services. Cortana gets stuck on search also. Windows update keeps turning itself off. I have other problems...
  9. Cortana process is missing, no search available

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana process is missing, no search available: After restart, there is no change. I have no way to search. I don't know where to start troubleshooting. Before, the Cortana process could not be killed. It would come back when you did it. Now it is gone. *cry What do I do? I do not want to be ignorant. I tried contacting...
  10. Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?: So I've gotten fed up enough with the terrible windows search system. I went into services.msc and disabled the windows search service; then restarted my computer. However, "Cortana" is still listed in my task manager taking up 50mb of memory. How do I kill Cortana?...