Windows 10: Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

Discus and support Missing Set Up Homegroup button! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to connect my desktop and my laptop. I went to Network settings/status and I'm supposed to see a Homegroup button to set it up but I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sergio Damasceno, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

I want to connect my desktop and my laptop. I went to Network settings/status and I'm supposed to see a Homegroup button to set it up but I don't have one.

How can I do it?

:)

Sergio Damasceno, Jul 9, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Set up Homegroup with a dual band router

When you create a HomeGroup using the PC device, does it appear on your Surface device?

We suggest that you check the network discovery of the HomeGroup that you have created if it is discoverable by other devices. You may change the settings by following these steps:

• Open HomeGroup.
    • Select the settings you want.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Missing Set Up Homegroup button!

1. Missing Set Up Homegroup button! - Similar Threads - Missing Set Homegroup

2. Set up homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set up homegroup in Windows 10: Have just installed Win 10 ot previously blank SSD, in place of Windows 7. Can anyone point me to a clear description of how to set up a homegroup network in my new installation of windows 10?...
  3. Homegroup Missing

Homegroup Missing: Hi. I have recently install windows 10.0.17134.1. Also to my other colleague's pc. I share my pc and printer over homegroup. So our all staff can access my drive and printer over network.. But This new windows version have a problem. There was no homegroup option in control...
  4. Missing Homegroup connectivity

Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671
  5. Homegroup missing

Homegroup missing: Hi, I can no longer find any trace of HomeGroup even when following other suggestions. It seems to be plain missing on my Windows 10. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/homegroup-missing/2b44c52e-bab9-4352-b515-da71b66c50ca
  6. HomeGroup Set Up

HomeGroup Set Up: Good Morning. I was wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a homegroup between my 2 desktops. Both desktops were upgraded from Win 7. I set up desktop A successfully. I received the homegroup password. I went to desktop B and when I entered the homegroup...
  7. setting up homegroup in windows 10

setting up homegroup in windows 10: I recently upgraded windows 8.1 with Bing, which had a homegroup, to windows 10. After the upgrade I was unable to set up a homegroup. Message, "this computer is unable to set up a homegroup" *Sad 29747
  8. Setting Up a HomeGroup for use in another location?

Setting Up a HomeGroup for use in another location?: I've got a HomeGroup at home, and currently have two other PCs that do not normally live here. I want to set them up in their own HomeGroup for use in another location. Is this possible? Failing that, if they join the current HomeGroup, what will happen when they are away...
  9. Homegroup set up requires IPV6

Homegroup set up requires IPV6: Trying to get my W7 machine in the workgroup with W8.1 and W10. On the W7 side I get an error saying I need IPV6? How to get that turned on? My router has it enabled but when looking at my adapter, the IPV6 portion is blank. It is set to auto, my isp is not doing IPV6 yet. Tx...
  10. Setting up a homegroup in Windows 10

Setting up a homegroup in Windows 10: I have 3 desktops and one laptop all running Windows 10 (wirelessly, except for one desktop on ethernet). I'm trying to set up a new homegroup with these machines, but when I do, I'm asked for a HG password that is not working (I set up a HG when some were on Windows 7 long...