Windows 10: Missing shut down option

Discus and support Missing shut down option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FilipDakovic, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Missing shut down option

Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f /t 0". It's really annoying that I have to rely on this every single time so I'm hoping that you can help me.P.S. I noticed in task manager that SysMain is running non-stop

:)

FilipDakovic, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Missing shut down option [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jan 11, 2022
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 11, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Missing shut down option

1709 Creators update - shutdown options missing - "there are currently no power options available"

Hi Jacob,

The error there are currently no power options available happens if the
    Shut down the system Policy isn't configured correctly. We suggest following these steps to fix it:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type secpol.msc and click OK to open the
      Local Security Policy
      window.
    • Expand Security Settings.
    • Expand Local Policies.
    • Click User Rights Assignment.
    • Double-click Shut down the system from the right pane to open it's properties.
    • In the pop-up window, click Add User or Group, type the full user name or group name for the affected users, then click
      Add.
    • Click OK to close the window.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if the power options in the Start menu are restored after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

Missing shut down option

1. Missing shut down option - Similar Threads - Missing shut down

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  5. Missing shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing shut down option: Few days ago, when I tried to turn off my pc before going to bed, I noticed that shut down option was missing. I tried to look up on internet but any of the possible solutions weren't helpful. The only way I can turn off my pc is by using cmd with this command "shutdown /s /f...
  6. No option available to shut down laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option available to shut down laptop: Hi. I recently got the battery of my laptop changed as the previous one was not working. And since then, my pc is not shutting down. Whenever I click on the power button on the menu it says "no power options available" and if I click alt+for, I see a message on screen saying...
  7. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  8. shut down option

shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  9. Remove Shut Down option in Windows

Remove Shut Down option in Windows: Group Policy allows me to remove power options in Windows,but I just want to remove the Shut Down option,not any others.Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-shut-down-option-in-windows/eace1ef8-1dc1-45ac-a204-7819955f7319
  10. everlasting "Update and shut down" option

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    everlasting "Update and shut down" option: Every time i want to power off my pc, instead the normal and usual "Shut down" option I get the typical "Update and shut down" which i guess is normal if you are in the middle of an update process, but it doesn't matter how many times I restart / shut down, the "Update and...