Windows 10: Missing SLEEP Option & HDMI Port Not Working, Both in the Last 24 Hours

Discus and support Missing SLEEP Option & HDMI Port Not Working, Both in the Last 24 Hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the last 24 hours I have noticed two distinct issues with Windows on my HP Laptop. 1. The SLEEP option no longer appears under the Power Option of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LC911911, Aug 5, 2021.

1. LC911911 Win User

Missing SLEEP Option & HDMI Port Not Working, Both in the Last 24 Hours

In the last 24 hours I have noticed two distinct issues with Windows on my HP Laptop. 1. The SLEEP option no longer appears under the Power Option of the Start Menu, nor does it appear in the Shutdown Options2. When I hook my laptop up to my TV via the HDMI port the PC does not recognize the connection, and there is no display on the TVI've gone through everything I could find on these issues but nothing has corrected either problem. My wife has the exact same model of laptop I have, and these two issues are not present on her machine.Both of these were working yesterday, so I am at a loss to

:)

LC911911, Aug 5, 2021

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Aug 5, 2021
  3. HDMI port

Yeah, Barbara, that would be it if it's the only HDMI port.

Have you installed the camera software? Be sure to read the instructions closely and follow each step. It may or may not have you plug into the port later. So read all the steps through first.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Aug 5, 2021
  4. dcesko Win User

Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no

I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.
    I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.
    I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and when the screen goes to sleep it disconnects the HDMI port as well.
    I don’t want to keep the screen setting on Never Sleep.

dcesko, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Missing SLEEP Option & HDMI Port Not Working, Both in the Last 24 Hours - Similar Threads - Missing SLEEP Option

2. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  3. BSOD three times in last 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD three times in last 24 hours: Hi all, I've been having some trouble with BSOD's while playing games in the last 24 hours and the problem seems to have come from nowhere. Initially I had a kernel BSOD UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and after some googling I read that my error may be dust related so I took...
  4. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  5. HDMI port not working since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI port not working since last update: Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning. Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work. Any other way...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  7. Multiple BSOD in last 24 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD in last 24 hours: I've received several BSODs in the last 24 hours. I'm not sure if an automatic update could be a cause. Sometimes, my laptop will remain stable for up to 30 minutes, other times I can't get past the log in screen. The BSODs that I've received are: PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  9. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...