Windows 10: Missing space after factory reset

Discus and support Missing space after factory reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sammiechu, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Sammiechu Win User

Missing space after factory reset

Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back.

:)

Sammiechu, Nov 28, 2021

2. Factory reset... now missing 40+ GB of hard drive space?

Good evening everyone!

So, I just got finished doing a nice fresh factory reset as Windows did some updates and my computer run slower than molasses in January.

After it was done, I had some 60-70 (out of 118) GB of free space on my SSD.

Short story shorter I had to do it again.

Now I have only 26 GB of free space.

Can anyone make any suggestions please? Missing space after factory reset :)

danturismo, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Factory reset Outlook

I was missing some information (not unusual). Before doing the factory reset, the person deleted some things she thought she didn't need. As a last resort, I suggested she contact Comcast and see if the missing emails were still on their server. They are
    restoring the missing files she deleted and the missing emails.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've saved it for future reference!

VirginiaStevens1, Nov 28, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Missing space after factory reset - Similar Threads - Missing space factory

2. Missing files on ssd after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing files on ssd after factory reset: I factory reset my desktop because I was having some trouble with my drives. When I performed the reset, I selected remove everything, but when I checked disk management, my SSD still shows 476 GB used. Any help as to why this might be occurring would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Missing files on ssd after factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files on ssd after factory reset: I factory reset my desktop because I was having some trouble with my drives. When I performed the reset, I selected remove everything, but when I checked disk management, my SSD still shows 476 GB used. Any help as to why this might be occurring would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Missing files on ssd after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  6. Missing space after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing space after factory reset: Recently bought a new laptop that has 1tb of storage on the hardrive, however, after it was factory reset, it left me with only 222 GB of storage. None of it is unallocated and I can't figure out how to get this space back....
  7. Cursor missing after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor missing after Factory Reset: Recently I factory reset my PC, and now my Cursor is gone. I tried contacting Microsoft and HP, there was no solution. I came here to find an answer and put this hint to a rest. Ask me any questions, and I'll try to respond to the best of my ability!...
  8. Not enough space to factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough space to factory reset: As the titles says, there is not enough space to factory reset my laptop or for a clean install, the reason I want to factory reset is because my laptop's performance has plummeted after it tried to update. I've deleted all programs I downloaded and I ran disk cleaner and...
  9. No Space For A Factory Reset

No Space For A Factory Reset: Hello, I need help! So i'm pretty sure I Have A Virus And Windows Defender Has Been Disabled... I Can't Find FREE Anti-virus For 1GB Storage (That Are FREE and not PRICE) So i tried to factory reset (Obviously It Didn't Work :( ) Here Are Some Details: Virus Takes Up...
  10. Factory reset... now missing 40+ GB of hard drive space?

Factory reset... now missing 40+ GB of hard drive space?: Good evening everyone! So, I just got finished doing a nice fresh factory reset as Windows did some updates and my computer run slower than molasses in January. After it was done, I had some 60-70 (out of 118) GB of free space on my SSD. Short story shorter I had to...