Windows 10: Missing space in SSD...

Discus and support Missing space in SSD... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I have chosen the wrong topic, sorry... My question is about the space i have on my SSD. I asked about it for a month ago but didnt find any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ibrahim2630, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Missing space in SSD...

If I have chosen the wrong topic, sorry...

My question is about the space i have on my SSD. I asked about it for a month ago but didnt find any solution... I had around 100GB on my SSD before an update came to Windows that took a bit of time to download. After the update i just noticed that my SSD space was like 23GB left. It could impossibly be the size of the update.

So now for like 15 minutes ago I saw there were two updates GTA and CSGO in Steam. I stopped GTA updating because i dont play it so often, but updated CSGO instead which was 236MB (GTA was 8GB). So after the little CSGO update i just looked at the space i have on my SSD and suddenly BOOM i got all the space i had before back even more, 133GB now on my SSD. Of course i dont have any problem im just happy but im wondering what this is, going from 100GB to 23 after a windows update then back to 133GB after a Steam game update one month later, it is really weird...

submitted by /u/ibrahim2630
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ibrahim2630, Dec 17, 2020

2. SSD clone issues with Space

Good Afternoon everyone

so my SSD drive was starting to get full it has 128gb capacity. I decided to upgrade to a 500gb i found on newegg for a decent price. I used the paragon ssd clone program and everything transferred succesfully. Then i changed the boot order in my start up and menu and have succfully removed my old ssd and and running on the new one. My issue is when i check my disk space for the new SSD it is still showing me the old SSD and saying it is almost full. Did i miss a step somewhere? Has anyone else had this happen?

bloodsoup0311, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Missing space in SSD...

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Missing space in SSD...

1. Missing space in SSD... - Similar Threads - Missing space SSD

2. Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions: I wanted to erase an SSD and used Disk Management to delete the partitions. But now I have one unallocated space of 112gb but the SSD is 500gb. I have tried a variety of tools and commands but cannot get back to full capacity. I even downloaded a tool from the manufacturer...
  3. Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing space on SSD after deleting all partitions: I wanted to erase an SSD and used Disk Management to delete the partitions. But now I have one unallocated space of 112gb but the SSD is 500gb. I have tried a variety of tools and commands but cannot get back to full capacity. I even downloaded a tool from the manufacturer...
  4. SSD space

SSD space: My ssd of 120GB in which I have my windows installed and some other programs too has a size of 81GBs filled in it, which means that I will have 30GB+ free space in my ssd but it shows that I have 9 GBs of free space only, why so?...
  5. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.: I'm running windows 10. I cloned my 512GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD using clonezilla. Everything works great, but the disk size is still 512GB on the new 1TB SSD. BUT, there is no "unallocated space" See screen capture below. Disk 0 is 1TB SSD, but the total size is wrong at...
  6. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.: I'm running windows 10. I cloned my 512GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD using clonezilla. Everything works great, but the disk size is still 512GB on the new 1TB SSD. BUT, there is no "unallocated space" See screen capture below. Disk 0 is 1TB SSD, but the total size is wrong at...
  7. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either.

8. SSD missing space, no unallocated space either

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD missing space, no unallocated space either: When I was under Windows Setup while installing Windows 10, I've deleted a partition. The GBs weren't reallocated to my SSD. Checked in CMD with diskpart as well as in disk management but I can't find any unallocated space either....
  9. 20 GB of space missing on SSD

20 GB of space missing on SSD: [ATTACH] Cannot clean what I can't find. Can you help? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20-gb-of-space-missing-on-ssd/52f4089c-7988-4c05-a25c-f7cc603350a9
  10. Missing SSD Space... Can Anyone Assit?

Missing SSD Space... Can Anyone Assit?: So, I had to run system restore last night due to some corruptions with my modern apps. Once the restore completed, everything was back to normal. Today, however, I noticed that ThisPC shows my partition as 150gb free of 312gb, whereas before the restore it was 177gb free. I...