Windows 10: Missing Space in System Drive

Discus and support Missing Space in System Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A month ago i have updated my windows 10 version to 2004. Post the update, there was a folder named windows.old which was consuming space in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SUNIL_Me, Jul 12, 2020.

1. SUNIL_Me Win User

Missing Space in System Drive

A month ago i have updated my windows 10 version to 2004.

Post the update, there was a folder named windows.old which was consuming space in my C-Drive an SSD of about 238 GB roughly about 18-20GB, and its obvious that this folder is available in my system drive post an update in windows version.

But i decide not to delete this, because any way its going to be deleted in 30 days.

So i always kept an eye on my available space of system drive around 175GB until it got deleted recently.

But after the windows.old folder deleted itself recently, now i can witness my available space of my SSD around 167 GB i installed a couple of softwares btw, which i think i was supposed to recover my space of around 20GB on deletion of windows,old folder but couldnt.

So i did this way to ensure my space in system drive, i selected all folders in my system drive including hidden ones and went for the properties to get the total space that all these folders are consuming and it was around 47GB. i.e., 47 GB out of 238 GB

So ultimately, my system available space should somewhere be around 191 GB 238GB-47GB, But the available space which am getting is 167GB. So what happened to the missing space of around 24GB. 191-167=24 GB

What happened to this missing space of 24GB ???

Note: I've cleared my temp files using disk cleanup via system files as well.

:)

SUNIL_Me, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Missing storage space on 1Tb hard drive

? What part of this post was about cleaning disk.

It was about he believes a 1TB drive is close to 990GB in size which 932GB would be max drive size.

Then he needed to remove the EFI partition on disk 1 D:\

seahawks65, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Missing Space in System Drive

Missing storage space on 1Tb hard drive

Hi Sam,

In most cases, restore points can use a lot of disk space. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest performing a disk clean up by following the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and select the first result.
    • From the Disk Cleanup tab, check the
      tick boxes next to the options you wish to delete and click
      OK
    • After the cleanup process, launch the Disk Cleanup window again by doing step 1.
    • Click on the More Options tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies, click on the
      Clean up...
      button.
    • Once done, check if you have restored the missing disk space.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

***If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

Jefferson Ore, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Missing Space in System Drive

1. Missing Space in System Drive - Similar Threads - Missing Space System

2. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  3. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces drive missing: My storage spaces "two-way mirror" pool has lost one of the drives after using the drive individually in another PC. The drive shows up as green and "okay", but none of the updated files are on it and it doesn't show up when connected alone. When running recovery software...
  4. Storage Spaces drive missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System drive no space left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System drive no space left: Hi again everyone. I've recently developed a problem with my laptop, where the boot drive is completely full. I'm not sure what could be causing this. The laptop in question is a gaming laptop with a 1TB HDD and a 128GB SSD Boot drive. I've tried all the usual cleaning...
  6. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  7. 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved: Hi , my problem is i am missing 145gb from probably old windows 10 upgrade files in System Files . i am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356). Original OS was a clean install on a new pc and a Samsung NVme 500gb ssd around mid-February 2019 , so no...
  8. Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space: I have a new Lenovo laptop with only a few programs installed. Suddenly it is 20GB hard drive space missing. I have checked all folders, including hidden.I have deleted previous restoring points and reduced the space allocated for that. I can`t find where the 20GB has gone....
  9. Where Is The Missing Drive Space?

Where Is The Missing Drive Space?: A friend up the bush has a laptop I'm looking at with Team Viewer. It needs OS updates and MS reports there's not enough room. Seems it only has one drive and that's a Samsung BGND3R which seems to have only a 30G capacity. But I can't find the 30G. I find these:...
  10. Missing internal hard drive space

Missing internal hard drive space: I have a 500GB internal hard drive but only 1.45GB free space. The folder inside only occupying 95.5GB. There are no hidden files. Where is my 345.5GB free space? Help needed desperately. [img] 68209