Windows 10: Missing start button windows 11

Discus and support Missing start button windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Missing start button windows 11.After upgrading to windows 11, my start button is missing.Tried all the fixes in the discussions, but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SanjoyGhose, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Missing start button windows 11

Missing start button windows 11.After upgrading to windows 11, my start button is missing.Tried all the fixes in the discussions, but nothing works....pls helpl!Thanks, Sanjoy

:)

SanjoyGhose, Jan 29, 2022

2. Start button missing

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand your concern about Start button missing on Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    c. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 29, 2022
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jan 29, 2022
  4. Missing start button windows 11

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 29, 2022
Thema:

Missing start button windows 11

1. Missing start button windows 11 - Similar Threads - Missing start button

2. where is the start button in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is the start button in windows 11: Where is the start button on windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-start-button-in-windows-11/d2b400db-ce4c-4998-9386-b9d9c56f258d
  3. Missing start button windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing start button windows 11: Missing start button windows 11.After upgrading to windows 11, my start button is missing.Tried all the fixes in the discussions, but nothing works....pls helpl!Thanks, Sanjoy...
  4. windows 11 update button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 update button missing: last week I already have the choice to update to windows 11 in the windows update settings. but I was busy using the laptop at that time so I didn't update it yet. And now suddenly in my windows update, the choice to update to win 11 is missing, I keep clicking check for...
  5. windows 11 update button missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 update button missing: last week I already have the choice to update to windows 11 in the windows update settings. but I was busy using the laptop at that time so I didn't update it yet. And now suddenly in my windows update, the choice to update to win 11 is missing, I keep clicking check for...
  6. windows 11 update button missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why is my Windows Start Button missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Windows Start Button missing?: For some reason I don't have the Windows Start Button anymore on my Computer. Maybe some of you could help me fix this? Info: - I can't click the "Invisible" Button, so its completely missing - I still got the Windows Start Button on my Second Monitor - Yesterday I tried...
  8. Start Button Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button Missing: Suddenly, my Start button disappeared after updating Windows 10. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/start-button-missing/a51b3d37-c831-43dc-983d-b4fe5ff9298e
  9. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button: All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical error. Clicking that button, which you have to do to get rid of the dialogue box, restarts the OS and it happens again if you...
  10. Start button items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button items missing: File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return to the start button, File Explorer and Settings sometimes return. Sfc /scannow shows no errors. This problem occurs only on...