Windows 10: Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?

Discus and support Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [snip...]This was one of the first places that I came to when the January Updates screwed-up my new Win10 PC ....[snip...] Good to hear! *Smile I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taffy078, Mar 16, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?

Good to hear! *Smile
    And thanks for doing that - you didn't have to, but it's appreciated! There are lots of users out there who really have no idea, and I'm sure your solution will help them to resolve problems in the future.
    I have to agree; dencal's response was completely unnecessary, or, at least could have been worded better. Sorry about that.
    *Thumbs
    I certainly hope that, if you find a solution to something, you will indeed post it here in the future. Everyone's input helps and yours is just as needed as the next person's.

simrick, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Taffy078 Win User

Thank you - much appreciated.

Taffy078, Mar 17, 2016
  3. The readers here are mostly aware of it, and there are some beyond-excellent tutorials to walk you through it. It's actually a very simple process. OEM systems have the "restore" options that somewhat accomplish the same thing, except that they bring along the pre-installed crapware.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?

1. Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs? - Similar Threads - Missing Start Icon

2. solution to start menu critical error

in Windows 10 Customization
    solution to start menu critical error: ok this is not a question this is a solution to the start menu error see the thing is when u start up your pc or laptop dont instantly try to open the start menu actually u should first open task manager restart your windows explorer then open start menu cause this worked for...
  3. solution to start menu critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solution to start menu critical error: ok this is not a question this is a solution to the start menu error see the thing is when u start up your pc or laptop dont instantly try to open the start menu actually u should first open task manager restart your windows explorer then open start menu cause this worked for...
  4. solution to start menu critical error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any solution to power issues on duel pcs setup ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any solution to power issues on duel pcs setup ?: I have a 2 pc connected on a surge protector and 2 different monitors . When turning both pcs on it only shows signal on one monitor while the other goes on stand by . If i put it to sleep or shut off thats when the second pc decides to show signal and everything is good . I...
  6. Any solution to power issues on duel pcs setup ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any solution to power issues on duel pcs setup ?: I have a 2 pc connected on a surge protector and 2 different monitors . When turning both pcs on it only shows signal on one monitor while the other goes on stand by . If i put it to sleep or shut off thats when the second pc decides to show signal and everything is good . I...
  7. PCs icons missing in Network Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs icons missing in Network Folders: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my Home network. Every PCs can access each others. However the PCs icons are missing in the Network folder in file explorer. To access a PC I have to type \\PC1, or \\PC-2, or \\PC-3, \\PC-4 to access each PC shared folders in the address bar or click...
  8. Icon missing issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icon missing issue: When I upgrade latest version of windows 10 2004 May, I found some icons missing like the below picture. Pls, help me to solve this issue. This problem also showing my wifi connection and many more apps. [ATTACH]...
  9. Battery Icon Missing, No Solution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Icon Missing, No Solution: The battery icon that's usually displayed in the taskbar is gone. I've tried various ways for putting it back, but none of them have worked. Is this some sort of weird update? If not, how can I fix this problem? Below are the things I've tried to do already. Checking the...
  10. PCs missing on one PC, there on others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs missing on one PC, there on others: Hi For some time now I've known about a problem with our home network in that various PCs cannot see other PCs whilst others can. We have a three PC network. Two working PCs and spare generally used once per week. However, now my husband has a problem he needs to use the...