Windows 10: Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears

Discus and support Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried almost everything I could find to fix this. One MS fixit ran and said my start Menu was corrupt. Does one fix a corrupt file? Can the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JessNicotera, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears

I've tried almost everything I could find to fix this. One MS fixit ran and said my start Menu was corrupt. Does one fix a corrupt file? Can the Start Menu be reinstalled. I've literally spent 3 days fooling with this. Can anyone help?

:)

JessNicotera, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

apps disappearing on the "start"

Hi Kevin,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your Start menu concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that some of your apps that you've pinned are missing?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you remember what are the pinned apps that are missing in the Start menu? Do those apps disappear if you re-pin them?
    • Upon seeing the screenshot, you've set the Start Menu to full screen. Can you see the missing pinned apps when disabling the full screen mode of Start menu? To disable the full screen mode of Start menu, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select Personalization.
      • On the left pane, choose Start.
      • Under Start, click he Use Start full screen slider to turn it off.
      • Check if you will see all of your pinned apps.
    • Does the issue also occur when turning on Show more tiles on Start? You can turn on this option by accessing the Personalization settings page of Start.

Argel Obm, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears

1. Missing Start Menu and apps setting home page comes on and then disappears - Similar Threads - Missing Start Menu

2. start menu apps icon are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  3. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu: I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly installed one. The old icon does nothing when I click on it, and it also doesn't have the battlenet icon, it's just a generic...
  4. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu: [ATTACH]here is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-settings-have-disappeared-the-settings/3415d18e-0e37-4c59-b84a-e782b4243072
  5. thumbnails disappearing on browser home page and then come back.

thumbnails disappearing on browser home page and then come back.: Why do my thumbnails disappear and then come back. THis is new. there is no topic that applies chrome forum is impossible. they answer nothing. i'm sorry to ask here but maybe someone can help me. laptop is completely clean. norton serviced it last night....
  6. start menu disappeared

start menu disappeared: My list on the start menu list is gone how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-disappeared/6666a5e1-2833-4dd1-b448-11b015e4587f
  7. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753
  8. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  9. Start Home Page Apps Basic Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Home Page Apps Basic Question: This is a real basic question (I think). Pictures are from two different computers. The bottom second picture. Question. Turn computer on. Home screen. Click on the flag bottom left. The words - All Apps, Power, Settings, File Explorer comes up. And the blue icons...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...