Windows 10: Missing Startup folder

Discus and support Missing Startup folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows version 1909(OS Build 18363.719) I opened Start Menu and deleted folder "Startup", which is supposed to be in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DraganPavlovic, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Missing Startup folder

Microsoft Windows version 1909(OS Build 18363.719)

I opened Start Menu and deleted folder "Startup", which is supposed to be in:
    \User\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and here at end is supposed to be folder named "Startup"

Folder "Startup" is needed for Task Manager to be able to show programs in tab Startup, so that means my Startup tab is empty since I don't have that folder. But also for some reason when I run "msconfig" and press onto tab Startup, it tells me:
    "To manage startup items, use Startup section of Task Manager", and a button "Open Task Manager" that leads to empty Task Manager Startup tab. - some people on forums said it's a 'feature' of Windows 10, so startup programs are only accessible through Task Manager

To shorten this: I was able to see startup programs in Task Manager before, not sure if I were able in msconfig. I have tried to add "Startup" folder myself, it didn't work. Now I'm asking someone to help me fix this and be able to manage startup programs.

:)

DraganPavlovic, Mar 14, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Missing Startup folder

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Missing Startup folder

1. Missing Startup folder - Similar Threads - Missing Startup folder

2. Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing: Multiple installations of Windows 10 Professional do not have the "Startup" folder present in the "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder. All of the systems were installed in the same manner with the "Startup" present on some but not all....
  3. Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing: Multiple installations of Windows 10 Professional do not have the "Startup" folder present in the "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder. All of the systems were installed in the same manner with the "Startup" present on some but not all....
  4. Startup settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup settings are missing.: I was trying to install a driver for Wii remotes using this guide. I went to where it said startup settings would be but it's not there. I can grab a picture in a bit if anybody in comments needs, but the button is missing. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by...
  5. Missing Startup Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Startup Software: Hello, While running "CCleaner", program found in the registry some missing. Here is exactly the line: "Missing Startup Software "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSACuiL.exe"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run All users" Made a search all over the system - no...
  6. Missing Startup Software

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Startup Software: Hello, While running "CCleaner", program found in the registry some missing. Here is exactly the line: "Missing Startup Software "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSACuiL.exe"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run All users" Made a search all over the system - no...
  7. Startup folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup folder: Hello. As you can see in the picture, I have some programs enabled and disabled to automatically start when Windows boots up. Everything works perfectly fine, however I find it really strange that both Startup folders are completely empty. I would like to delete disabled...
  8. Startup folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup folder: I cannot find the startup folder on windows.. i have tried typing shell:startup but it says that windows could not find it... 80525
  9. Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Missing: I connected my phone via USB and moved the pictures to a folder I created in Pictures. I know it was a mistake to use move instead of copy but at the time it looked like a good idea for what I was trying to do. I compressed some of the pictures to sent to a friend and...
  10. Startup Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Folder: With Windows 8.1 under All Programs there is a folder called Startup. If I want to start a program when I boot up, I drop and drag a shortcut to that folder. If I want to stop the program from starting I remove the shortcut from this folder. If I want to edit the file I...