Windows 10: Missing storage

Discus and support Missing storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was wondering why I can't see my extra storage drivesI was using a Hackintosh and I loved it until I started using programs that wouldn't work due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonathan Sztyk, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Missing storage

I was wondering why I can't see my extra storage drivesI was using a Hackintosh and I loved it until I started using programs that wouldn't work due hackintosh's issue with updates. I wanted to switch to windows and not use dual boot because of issues that will come up. So, I made the switch. Before I installed windows, I disconnected 3 internal storage drives because I just wanted my M2 SSD to show up without installing windows on another drive by mistake. Windows is booting from the m2 card on my mother board which is what I want. When Windows installed and all settings were done, I powere

:)

Jonathan Sztyk, Oct 6, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Missing storage

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Missing storage

1. Missing storage - Similar Threads - Missing storage

2. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  3. *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *Game Name* can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I've gone through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac to attempt to resolve the issue but still running into the same problem. When I tried to "get" the game i run into error...
  4. Missing storage space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing storage space in Windows 10: Where is my another 55GB space?Please see my attached picture:All files on C drive is 128GBTotal disk size for space: 236GBSo correct my available space should be 108GB, but in C drive it shows Free Space is 54.8GB, where is my another 53.2GB space?Can you explain to me?...
  5. Missing storage space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing storage space in Windows 10: Where is my another 55GB space?Please see my attached picture:All files on C drive is 128GBTotal disk size for space: 236GBSo correct my available space should be 108GB, but in C drive it shows Free Space is 54.8GB, where is my another 53.2GB space?Can you explain to me?...
  6. Missing storage space in Windows 10

7. Missing "System > Storage > Manage Disk & Volume" Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing "System > Storage > Manage Disk & Volume" Menu: [ATTACH] I found this article: https://www.technewstoday.com/what-is-normal-ssd-temperature/, as I was curious what my pc's drive temps were doing some intensive copying. The powershell command showed the data I wanted to see, but I'm curious why my Windows 10 wouldn't...
  8. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  9. This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.

This app can't open - the storage device might be missing or disconnected.: Hello,I have an issue with Starfield, but not only this one also others.But lets start from the beginning. About 2 months ago I've bought 2TB nVME SSD disk drive. Installed it in m.2 port on my motherboard and lived on. Moved few games from Xbox Game Pass to this new storage...
  10. Where has all my storage gone? I'm missing over 100 gbs of storage that can't be located

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has all my storage gone? I'm missing over 100 gbs of storage that can't be located: So It says I only have 55 gbs free on my storage and have used 129 gbs of that through "installed apps" yet when I click on it to show me the apps and their size what I see is equal to MAYBE 10 gbs. Where has all of this storage gone...