Windows 10: Missing Tab On File Explorer

Discus and support Missing Tab On File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MamaWolf, May 6, 2020.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Missing Tab On File Explorer

I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I can't imagine why that would affect the File Explorer. I hope someone can help me with this.

Many Thanks,

:)

MamaWolf, May 6, 2020

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 6, 2020
  4. Missing Tab On File Explorer

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Missing Tab On File Explorer

1. Missing Tab On File Explorer - Similar Threads - Missing Tab File

2. File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer Tabs missing in Windows 11: [IMG]Tabs in File Explorer were among the new features added in Windows 11. You no longer need to use 3rd-party freeware or create a new window each time you need to open multiple folders in new tabs. the new feature lets you open tabs for various folders independently on the...
  3. Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed file explorer missing - Windows 11 2022: Can anyone help on enabling the tabbed file explorer on the new Windows 11 update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-file-explorer-missing-windows-11-2022/d187beb5-c398-4c29-a5a7-e0da4d4fa1a6
  4. File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update: Hey I have just upgraded my Windows 11 to latest version but my file explorer has no signs of tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs-missing-after-22h2-update/22f2cbfd-effb-484f-a5b8-fb28f2694c33
  5. File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tabs missing after 22H2 Update: Hey I have just upgraded my Windows 11 to latest version but my file explorer has no signs of tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tabs-missing-after-22h2-update/22f2cbfd-effb-484f-a5b8-fb28f2694c33
  6. Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Advanced Option tab in file explorer.: Hi from Snowy England I am using File Explorer to find contents of a file. I can no longer access the Advanced Options tab. If I enter a search phrase in the search box, it starts searching straight away. I then go to Advanced options and tick the File Contents option. As...
  7. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  8. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer missing search tab