Windows 10: missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem

Discus and support missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; MS upgraded my desktop from win8.1 to 10 just a couple of days ago. It worked fine for a day or two, and then the app icons missing from the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SK Loh, Dec 7, 2015.

1. SK Loh Win User

missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem

MS upgraded my desktop from win8.1 to 10 just a couple of days ago. It worked fine for a day or two, and then the app icons missing from the taskbar and the remaining start, search and taskview buttons not responding at all. Later the internet connection and sound icons appears with a x on them. Other icons in the notification area are also missing except the notification icon. Have tried sfc /scannow and "find no integrity violation". Please help.

:)

SK Loh, Dec 7, 2015

2. Icons Missing

Internet Explorer and Windows Store icons missing in the taskbar.

EsauObuong, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Sound icon missing from taskbar

After upgrading to Windows 10. Sometimes, when the PC starts, the sound icon is missing from the taskbar. The only way to adjust the sound is to go through settings and search "system volume". Is there a way to ensure the icon appears every time the PC
    is powered? There is no problem with the sound only the adjustment icon.

The PC is home built with ASUS M3A32-MVP motherboard & SoundMAX is disabled by Windows 10.

lochaber_1, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem

1. missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem - Similar Threads - missing taskbar app

2. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem: I hope I can explain this problem adequately. On my Windows 10 laptop's Taskbar, I have pinned 6 frequently used apps. Four of those apps appear just fine. Two apps "Mail" and "Microsoft Store" are pinned and I can activate them, but they don't have icons. If I hover my mouse...
  4. Problem - Icons Missing in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Icons Missing in the Taskbar: Hello my Microsoft apps icons disappear from the taskbar I tried to do everything.. from clean the cache and install them with Powershell, use scannow in cmd, and even repair system image with cmd.. can someone help me please?...
  5. taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet: I am having this problem the network icon shows me not connected as in screenshot below. [img] My OS information Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language I am though connected to wifi and able to browse internet perfectly. I do not...
  6. No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and no internet icon in the taskbar.: When i started my pc up, i had no sound detection at all i fixed it and i had no internet and internet icon. And after a while Antimalware Service Executable uses insane usage of CPU with some other processes. Please help i can’t launch any anti virus because i don’t have any...
  7. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/3d80c743-7867-41d7-966a-38af294d7977
  8. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/e5350383-2a75-469a-a182-be982adf62ee
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...